Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I know this has been beaten to death and yes I was too lazy to look up this thread - I figured I would have to look thru so many to find this simple answer.

I am looking at buying new rims for my 2015 Challenger 6.4. I currently have the standard factory rims on - I would like to go to 305's on the back and keep the 275's on the front.

Do any of you know for sure what I can and can't do? Offsets etc... I'm pretty sure I need at least 10" rims on the back to accommodate the 305's?

What do I need to be aware of or how can I accomplish this?? The car has been lowered I would imagine at least 1" if not 1.5".

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I went with an 11" rim and 315 tire. The primary concern for me was found in wanting to keep the tire height the same as my 275/40/20 up front. The 305 is a little shorter. Not by a lot but still.....it would bother me just knowing it was shorter.

Since this fits my car without issue I wouldn't think a 10-10.5" rim should be any trouble at all. For the record that 11" M392 wheel has a 24mm offset......fits tight on the inside but doesn't rub. Lot's of pictures of the wheel installed on very low riding Challengers.......gotta believe it would work on your car without issues though I can't verify that myself because I haven't lowered my TA.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I went with an 11" rim and 315 tire. The primary concern for me was found in wanting to keep the tire height the same as my 275/40/20 up front. The 305 is a little shorter. Not by a lot but still.....it would bother me just knowing it was shorter.

Since this fits my car without issue I wouldn't think a 10-10.5" rim should be any trouble at all. For the record that 11" M392 wheel has a 24mm offset......fits tight on the inside but doesn't rub. Lot's of pictures of the wheel installed on very low riding Challengers.......gotta believe it would work on your car without issues though I can't verify that myself because I haven't lowered my TA.
Lots of conflicting information out there about fitting 305's and 315's.

M/T's, Michelin's and Continental tires (and presumably other makes) run wide for there size
While Nitto's (and, again, presumably other makes) run smaller.

What brand of tire do you have on your T/A?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,341 Posts
Just make sure you get the right offsets.

For example:
Front - 20x9.5 +12mm (275 tire)
Rear - 20x10.5 +22mm (315 tire)

Seem to be a good fit and requires no trimming of fender liner...maybe use heat to reshape the back liner near the rear, bottom but other than that it's like a factory fit.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Just make sure you get the right offsets.

For example:
Front - 20x9.5 +12mm (275 tire)
Rear - 20x10.5 +22mm (315 tire)

Seem to be a good fit and requires no trimming of fender liner...maybe use heat to reshape the back liner near the rear, bottom but other than that it's like a factory fit.
Thanks ChallyTatum.
To get those specific offsets, would one need to get custom made rims or are they available in a factory style reproduction?

A stock 20x9.5 wheel is a +18.5, if my memory is correct. I don't see that offset readily available.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,146 Posts
The offsets ChallyTatum mentions are the offset Factory Reproductions Demon replicas come in

A Guy

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,341 Posts
If the wheels you are interested in don't have the correct offset then wheel shims (usually under 1/4" thickness) can be used but I am not a fan of them. As A Guy stated the offsets I quoted are from the FR73 (demon replicas). The ones from Voxx are slightly different and depending on the trim level require shims in the front to clear the 6 piston brembos.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
852 Posts
Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
824 Posts
DODGE HELLCAT WIDEBODY STYLE 74 SATIN BLACK RIM with CAP

By Factory Reproductions Wheels
20x10.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.52 | 5x115 - Offset: 25 mm

FR 74 Dodge Widebody - Satin Black

By Factory Reproductions Wheels
20x9.5
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.52 | 5x115 - Offset: 15 mm

These from my order from Performance Plus tires...Got tires mounted / balanced and shipped...FREE...275 front...305 rears...Mickey Thompson Street Comps...
Thanks for the info.

Can you share pics?

Does the M/T 305 mounted on your 10.5 wide rim fit WITH OUT rubbing and WITH OUT spacer/shims?
Did you have to trim/modify the inner fender liner?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
852 Posts
Thanks for the info.

Can you share pics?

Does the M/T 305 mounted on your 10.5 wide rim fit WITH OUT rubbing and WITH OUT spacer/shims?
Did you have to trim/modify the inner fender liner?
No problems on fit...Well, did have a little rubbing on left rear liner with my MT 305 DR's...But Mr. Heat Gun took care of that...

·
Registered
824 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts