Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow members, I have a dilemma - Ordered a '15 SP package in Sublime Green on 07/23 - I am currently in D1 status with no further info regarding build or shipping date - I really love the Sublime color but I am concerned since it is such a unique and special color that it is going to attract too much attention (both positive and negative) and wonder if it is too late to contact my dealer and change the color to my second choice - Jazz Blue - Anyone else ordering the Sublime have this same concern?

Am I able to change the color preference if I decide to do so at this point without delaying the build process? This forum has been awesome answering questions/concerns - Please Help!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Pose this question over at the Scat Pack thread under the 2015 R/T SP category. I've thought the same thing but I don't care.......I have to have Sublime dammit.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Fellow members, I have a dilemma - Ordered a '15 SP package in Sublime Green on 07/23 - I am currently in D1 status with no further info regarding build or shipping date - I really love the Sublime color but I am concerned since it is such a unique and special color that it is going to attract too much attention (both positive and negative) and wonder if it is too late to contact my dealer and change the color to my second choice - Jazz Blue - Anyone else ordering the Sublime have this same concern?

Am I able to change the color preference if I decide to do so at this point without delaying the build process? This forum has been awesome answering questions/concerns - Please Help!![/QUOTE

I would think at D1 you shouldn't have a problem, if it is just cancel that order and order what you want, the dealer will probably keep your sublime order for stock because sold orders get preference and just order you another car. the sublime order will come in with your name on the window sticker. Personally I think your making the right choice I didn't like sublime in the 70's and I don't think many people did, all this hype over the last 5 years has got everybody thinking the only color to buy is sublime and that it's actually going to be worth something, I would bet they sell more sublime challengers now than they ever sold in the 70's and think how ugly those sublime Chargers were a couple years back, if your second choice was another high impact color than it would be a crapshoot but with your second choice being a sedate color like jazz blue I would go with the Blue because I think you will tire of the sublime real quick, I went from Black to Hemi Orange and ended up hating it, I sold the car at 2900 miles.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,069 Posts
Even though YOU may have decided against sublime, the dealer may still want to keep the order open for their inventory. This way they'll have a car come in along with whatever new color you switch to, and for all they know, you may still end up getting the sublime after all when you see it in person.
As far as bright colors and standing out on the road to the police or whoever, I've had TWO pretty conspicuous colors, this being Plum Crazy and Green With Envy. Both cars certainly were noticed by the police, but, I really believe they are SO NOTICEABLE, they become invisible lol. I know it sounds crazy, but picture yourself speeding along with traffic, going faster than everyone else. Any cop seeing you says to themselves, did that guy in the bright purple Challenger really just go flying by me? No, he couldn't have because that would just be to crazy!
I put 42,000 miles on my GWE SRT in just over a 3 year period. ALL of those miles were without a front license plate. I can't tell you how many police I passed saying to myself, "this is going to be the day I get pulled over for no plate." As conspicuous and rare as this car was, had it been a silver Toyota or whatever, I've no doubt I'd have been ticketed. Because it was a shiny green Challenger, the cop has got to be thinking to himself, "this guy's a straight shooter with nothing to hide, so why bother him?"
Getting back to your question about whether or not it's to late to change your order, I don't believe it is. If you're convinced you don't want sublime, call the dealer and make the change asap.

Reactions: docholiday

·
Registered
60 Posts

Am I able to change the color preference if I decide to do so at this point without delaying the build process? This forum has been awesome answering questions/concerns - Please Help!!
Ordered Sublime..no regrets and could not be happier!!

Once order status hits "D1" it cannot be changed nor cancelled. If your dealer is willing to keep as a "stock"
unit, you will have to reorder the car and start the process over from the beginning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts