Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering if anyone has run across this .Used car on Sat A.M. for breakfast run(about 10 mins @ 50 MPH-all O.K..Parked & went away for weekend Came home & went to go to work today & had check engine light on startup (never saw check engine light whole time I've owned car! -stayed on for all 30 minute drive to work.Was off when restarted @ noon.Scanned & found P0219 (engine overspeed 6312 RPM @1 MPH) & P0007 (fuel cutoff) -only fault codes stored! -suspect the worst (went away for weekend & only step son had access to car) - Was someone (him) doing burnouts with my car ??? I Did do recent Predator Tune change from 91 to 93 CAI canned tune with Drive/Neutral rev limit increase about a week ago.Could this cause this? please put my mind at ease!:2232censored:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
This is why I always jot down my car's mileage on two slips of paper before leaving on a trip. Then I leave one of the mileage slips by the shifter and the other I put away.

I don't think the Ferris Bueller trick works on modern cars.

Bill

·
Registered
545 Posts
Quick technical question
Is your stepson an %$"hole? This should help you identify the cause.

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
558 Posts
Check rear wheel wells and lower fenders for copious amounts of spent rubber!

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah I know

Yes,Shame on me (but like to have faith) Had enough fuel (just under 1/4 tank) to make it back & forth to work Monday when parked on Sat.) but "mysteriously" had less /more towards 1/8 on start up Monday A.M. (fuel gauge has "lied to me " before so cant say for sure ) -Had to get gas on way to work (check engine was on before (on cold start) & after getting fuel (which makes me think fault codes were "currently present" or a least "recent") Went away all together 5 hours later on restart UGH! -Not liking what I'm feeling!.:icon_cry:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crap

In answer to Stantz Yes,Sometimes.well...yeah.But he has his own tuned out "ricer" to beat on (350 HP WRX) but one of his "friends" or "fiends?" has a Maxed out 300c w/ 500 Hp (jealousy?!?) Checked for spent rubber -but I have narrow hard rubber all season narrow 17" all season tires on it now (wear like iron) compare3d to the soft F1 supercar 20's it had before-So now "smoking gun"

·
Registered
681 Posts
Was someone (him) doing burnouts with my car ???

Hmmm, although I'm single and have no children (though I was one once, and some tell me I still am sometimes), but regardless wouldn't he be the proper one to ask this instead of those of us here on the forum?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
entitlement

Yes, That would would normally do the trick, But, with todays generation Denial is a "lifestyle" & blaming "every one else" is the norm.Even at 25 (not quite Adult hood on Long Island & livin at home-lol) -you cant get anywhere ... Doesnt help that he's 6'2" 240!

·
Registered
86 Posts
P0219 Dodge - Engine Overspeed

Possible causes
- Wheel slippage (water, ice, mud, and snow)
- Excessive engine RPM in NEUTRAL or operated in the wrong transmission gear.
- Mechanical engine problems
- Mechanical transmission problem
- Powertrain control module
- Transmission control problem

Certainly sounds like someone had fun. If nothing appears to be broken probably not worth calling him out on it in the off chance he didn't do anything. Just remember to not leave a set of keys around in the future.

Was the seat/steering wheel in their proper locations?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I think you need to give him a grown-man style ass whooping and teach him something about respecting other people's property. That kind of behavior is inexcusable. My dad would have killed me for doing something so foolish.

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Yes, That would would normally do the trick, But, with todays generation Denial is a "lifestyle" & blaming "every one else" is the norm.Even at 25 (not quite Adult hood on Long Island & livin at home-lol) -you cant get anywhere ... Doesnt help that he's 6'2" 240!
Either a 2X4 or a Louisville Slugger (evens up things?) will correct the issue.
My son is extremely strong but his father (me) is crazy, lol. I was a gym rat too at his age too, but got older.
This is all depending on IF he did anything to the car.
B I G question is why were the keys left available for temptation?
Lastly will his mother back you up or stand in the middle, not a good situation in itself.
Hope the car wasn't damaged in any way.

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
No doubt he's GUILTY

Hide all keys.

Reactions: shaker2014

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Guys, it's not a matter of hiding the keys. He is a grown man and shouldn't have to hide anything in his own house. It's a lack of respect. His son should have the respect for his stuff not to go ripping things apart. That type of behavior is not only rude but very very childish.

Reactions: PSM450 and wasp392

·
Premium Member
10,418 Posts
Guys, it's not a matter of hiding the keys. He is a grown man and shouldn't have to hide anything in his own house. It's a lack of respect. His son should have the respect for his stuff not to go ripping things apart. That type of behavior is not only rude but very very childish.
I completely agree but if the keys are hidden this wouldn't be a topic in the forum. Everyone knows their kids and their short comings.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

put them in something like this.

·
Registered
505 Posts

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts