Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

What's wrong with the instrument panel?

The status is the same as the attached picture.

• The engine starts normally.
  • No warning lamp and no beeping.
  • Normal driving is also possible
  • The Turn signals lamp remains illuminated without blinking.
(Same with turning off the engine and locking the door )

Please don't hurt me. If the problem isn't solved, I'll probably go crazy.

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
I'd suspect the main board in the IP cluster probably failed - but fortunately the vehicle still works. If had been only the backlighting, it would have been the EL sheet driver, but if you have no gauges or warning lights, that's indicative of a deeper problem with the cluster.

there's several modules that connect to and function with the IP cluster - if you were to unplug it, nothing works. No lights, locks, starter etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd suspect the main board in the IP cluster probably failed - but fortunately the vehicle still works. If had been only the backlighting, it would have been the EL sheet driver, but if you have no gauges or warning lights, that's indicative of a deeper problem with the cluster.

there's several modules that connect to and function with the IP cluster - if you were to unplug it, nothing works. No lights, locks, starter etc.

Thank you for your comments. What can I check to solve this problem?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
Besides checking the connection behind the IP to make sure wires/pins are in good condition there is not much else you can do.

If you are electrically handy could check the connector to see if correct signals are being.

Or if you have alfaOBD software and an OBD2 interface you can check all modules for codes that generally are not detected by off the shelf scanners.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides checking the connection behind the IP to make sure wires/pins are in good condition there is not much else you can do.

If you are electrically handy could check the connector to see if correct signals are being.

Or if you have alfaOBD software and an OBD2 interface you can check all modules for codes that generally are not detected by off the shelf scanners.

Using the OBD2 scanner, we were able to check the U110F and U0155 error codes.

·
Super Moderator
17,261 Posts
U110F code is fuel gauge error message

U0155 is "lost communication with IP Control Module"

those confirm that you have an inoperative IP cluster - not communicating with rest of vehicles' systems

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
U110F code is fuel gauge error message

U0155 is "lost communication with IP Control Module"

those confirm that you have an inoperative IP cluster - not communicating with rest of vehicles' systems
I used to look at the P0456 code because the gas cap often didn't close properly. That's why I pulled the gas cap out and put it in while the car was locked yesterday. Does that have anything to do with the situation now?

I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of fuel-saving alarm.

What do you think?

And thank you so much for your kind reply.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
Go to the link in this thread to access the online chilton manual for your challenger year. Type in the diagnostic codes in the search field and an explanation of the code along with possible causes and ways to diagnose are shown.

I don't believe your P0456 (evap small leak - BTW depending on what year challenger you have there might be a recall on the evap canister) has anything to do with your IP cluster error...just an unfortunate coincidence.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[QUOTE = "ChallyTatum, 게시물 : 8621748, 회원 : 195634"]
이 스레드의 링크로 이동하여 도전자의 해 온라인 칠톤 매뉴얼에 액세스하십시오. 검색 필드에 진단 코드를 입력하면 가능한 원인 및 진단 방법과 함께 코드에 대한 설명이 표시됩니다.
[URL unfurl = "true"] Center console 12v power jack [/ URL]

나는 당신의 P0456 (evap small leak-BTW 당신이 가지고있는 도전자에 따라 evap 캐니스터에 대한 리콜이있을 수 있음)가 당신의 IP 클러스터 오류와 관련이 있다고 믿지 않습니다.
[/인용문]

How can I check if my car is subject to recall?

and..

If my car is subject to recall, can I get the recall service in Korea?

Thank you so much for your kindness and attention.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
When you start the car does the radio flash the words Dodge or Chrysler across the screen?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bros, I got an answer from the master of the Korean Challenger Community. ^^
(It's much simpler than we think.)
Thank you so much for all your attention and help!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,877 Posts
You'll be surprised. Because it's a lot simpler than u thought.

View attachment 1005222

If you take that fuse out and plug it in, you'll get the results you want.
That 20 amp fuse in the rear fuse box is for the Cigar Lighters, Instrument Panel & Power Outlet Console Rear and I believe it is swappable so the power outlets stay always on (when fuse plugged in top section) or only when car is in acc/run mode (when fuse plugged in bottom section as you show). So you just unplugged and replugged in the same location and your IP worked? If so, then that probably allowed the IP to reset...maybe disconnecting the battery would have done the same thing?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That 20 amp fuse in the rear fuse box is for the Cigar Lighters, Instrument Panel & Power Outlet Console Rear and I believe it is swappable so the power outlets stay always on (when fuse plugged in top section) or only when car is in acc/run mode (when fuse plugged in bottom section as you show). So you just unplugged and replugged in the same location and your IP worked? If so, then that probably allowed the IP to reset...maybe disconnecting the battery would have done the same thing?
When the cathode of the car battery was removed and the vehicle was reset, the IP began to work properly. But some functions of the center console were not activated. So I removed and installed 20 amp fuses to solve it. Of course, now all functions are functioning normally.
(I don't think 20 amp contributed to IP's revival.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts