Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to install a 6.1 manifold on my 5.7 and I before I start I want to make sure I have all the parts. This is the parts list that I have came up with so far:

6.1 manifold
6.1 fuel rails
6.1 mapp sensor
some gaskets (not sure which ones)
fuel injectors I plan on swapping from my 5.7

Anyone out there that has done the swap can you add to my list and let me know any helpful hints on the install. Thanks

·
Registered
864 Posts
Sounds like fun man, wish I had helpful input for you. You gonna do any internal work later in the build? Good luck.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan on it, just tackling one job at a time, and hoping to get some input from the guys that have done it

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Curious, but what is the advantage of a 6.1 intake manifold on a 5.7?
Other than the fact that it looks badass, it can be ported and with more mods it will flow better...Only draw back is right now I'll lose low end, but gain mid-high end

·
Registered
864 Posts
^^ that's all good though cause later on when you stroke it cam it up or whatever else it'll pay off

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
are you going to dyno the car before and after to compare the results?

Id love to see the effects of the swap as I have a manifold sitting in my garage waiting to be installed

·
Premium Member
2,891 Posts
You forgot the intake adapters for the 5.7 heads shoot me a pm if you need a set or click on the link

CORRECTION* If you have the eagle heads you do not need the spacers for the 6.1L intake installed on the 5.7

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
what is different between the intake mounting for the 6.1 vs the 5.7? Can you post a picture of the adapters? Id like to see what they look like. And what are these made of? will they insulate the intake from the engine at all?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Modern Muscle>> So is there anything else I need other than what I have on my list? I'm guessing the gaskets I need is the intake ones and the TB one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts