Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've had this "creaking" noise whenever I make sharp turns in say and under-ground parking garage (which is where I park my car at work so I always hear it) this has been going on since I hit 25k miles or so, I'm not at 49k. However now it is MUCH louder suddenly and if you put the car from drive (after accelerating and stopping) and shift into reverse, you hear the same creak. I can't tell which side it's on at all, but do any of you have any idea what would cause this sound? It's getting louder every-day now. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Most likely it's a suspension bushing (or set) that needs replacement. They can be a little tricky tracking down which one. You might need to get a set of chassis ears to help pinpoint the location. I have gained a squeak too and I think this one is my rear driver side upper strut one.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most likely it's a suspension bushing (or set) that needs replacement. They can be a little tricky tracking down which one. You might need to get a set of chassis ears to help pinpoint the location. I have gained a squeak too and I think this one is my rear driver side upper strut one.
Alright cool. I'll also try to post up a video of the sound. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,023 Posts
also - tie rod ends or ball joints can make this sound if there isn't (or wasn't) enough lubricant in them.

The OEM units don't have zerk fittings, but I've encountered that with another car when I replaced a tie rod end - it creaked/groaned and it didn't have enough grease in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts