Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just traded my 2013 R/T Plus with automatic transmission for a 2014 challenger R/T SHAKER there are differences between the two & window sticker does not list the axel ratio. here are a few things I want to understand what they are.
13 challenger R/T had autostick, 18 inch all season Michelin pilot tires
306 axel ratio.

new R/T shaker has shaker functional air intake

20 inch satin aluminum wheels with black pockets
245/45ZR20 bsw performance tires
track tuned suspension
performance steering w/variable displacement pump
ANTI SPIN DIFFERENTIAL ? what axel ratio with 5.7 automatic tranny & anti spin and 20 inch wheels ?

HID HEADLIGHTS

730n cd/dvd/mp3/hdd navigation
40GB hard drive with 20 Gb available ???

the tires are the goodyear F1s the tire pressure reads 38 psi, the door sticker says 32 psi like my other challenger had with 18 inch wheels. stopped by les scwab tires and they said the tire psi could be 40 plus ??? the door sticker lists the tire size on the car and says 32 psi but others say 40 plus is better I tend to go by the door sticker but again these are different tires than I am used to. all answers greatly appreciated

·
Registered
510 Posts
Still 3.06, all the automatics are 3.06.

20gb of the 40gb HDD is available for use for music. The rest is taken by navigation maps and stuff.

I run my tires at 35-36 psi. 32 is mfr recommended, 40 is on the high side. Play with the pressures and find what gives you the most comfortable ride. Tire pressures work like spring compression, softer tire-softer ride. 40 will give you a very stiff ride.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, 20 gb is still a lot I think ? how much stuff can you put on the 20 gb ? it says dvd, does it play dvds also ? so still 306 with the anti spin ? what benefits does the anti spin give ? especially if traction control gets turned off ?

·
Registered
981 Posts
20gb is thousands and thousands of songs. Video, not so much - dvds are 8gb, so if you save a movie or two you're about done. Yes you can play dvds in there, but only when parked. There are aftermarket devices you can connect to trick the head unit and watch dvds in drive.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I special ordered the 3.06 Anti-Spin axle mainly because it was a heavier duty rear axle and to me it seemed to go with the STP I also ordered. somewhere else I said I run 32 psi like the door placard recommends, after driving for 5-10 minutes the tire pressures are at 36-37 psi warm according to the monitors. there's a line around that outer tread and the tires contact the pavement right up to that line.. so the 32 psi seems perfect for my driving practices. actually during the winter I ran 30 psi since those F1's don't stick so well in cold weather.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
so still 306 with the anti spin ? what benefits does the anti spin give ? especially if traction control gets turned off ?
Anti-Spin is Dodge's trade name for a limited-slip rear axle, just means that there is a clutch unit inside the rear differential that forces power to both wheels so that only one wheel will not lose traction and spin by itself, both wheels will drive and give you maximum traction. The benefit with traction control off is that the engine is still at full power even if there is some spin, with TC on, the throttle could be reduced and the brake applied to try and stop the spinning wheel(s).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts