Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there! I'm really (really) excited to have finally pulled the trigger on a wide-body SP order. As the dealer was willing to apply a friends/family discount, I was hoping if there is anyone who may have a leftover friends/family reference. Unfortunately, the dealer said that he's already used his 6, so he can't provide me one. (My apologies if this is posted under the incorrect topic). Thanks! I promise to post pics when it comes in!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Alternatively, you can join Tread Lightly and pay for the $100.00 membership and get the affiliate discount. ( same as the friends and family )

Tread Lightly | Join Tread Lightly

$100 and $250 Levels
  • All of the above plus Chrysler, Jeep, Ram, Dodge, SRT, and Fiat Affliate Rewards Program Preferred Price, 1% below factory invoice on purchase or lease of new vehicles.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
That FFP deal is OK but not great. Many have gotten Invoice plus half the Holdback off on an ordered car and that works out better for you.

Like on this car here, the MSRP is 53,380, the Invoice is 51,860 and the Holdback is 1,572. So subtract 786 from 51,860 so dealer price would be 51,074.

The FFP is 51,416 so not as good.

And the 4,850 FCA Rebate still to be deducted.

So it's a good deal for you and the dealer with his half the Holdback still makes his money, so I'd stand on that.

It's a sold order to its little work and almost no risk to him so he should take it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tubster

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So just realized I'm a bit in a bind... I joined Tread Lightly with the expectation that I had a few weeks before the car is delivered. To get the affiliate discount you need to be a member for 30 days. However, I just checked the ETA for delivery.... and it's this week. Basically, I'm back where I started :/ where I need a control number for friends and family.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
How much deposit did you put down on this car? I'd be tempted to tell that dealer you want that price and forget it if you don't get it. Haven't seen anybody post a situation like this before, that dealer is full of it imho.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,715 Posts
So just realized I'm a bit in a bind... I joined Tread Lightly with the expectation that I had a few weeks before the car is delivered. To get the affiliate discount you need to be a member for 30 days. However, I just checked the ETA for delivery.... and it's this week. Basically, I'm back where I started :/ where I need a control number for friends and family.
Can you just wait to pick it up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you just wait to pick it up?
I could possibly do that. Honestly, I do have to take a bit of responsibility. During the order, I specifically asked for the friends/family and dealer did let me know that he couldn't guarantee the discount. I was somewhat aware of a risk, just didn't know how difficult it would be to secure a reference.

·
Registered
16,463 Posts
You are dealing with the wrong dealer. I asked for more than FFP and I got it, almost to EP and I provided them with nothing. Many are getting super deals on cars right now so for this dealer to act like FFP is a big deal is nonsense, but do as you wish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts