Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's some rattling and maybe buzzing sounds in my car with or without speakers playing. I think sometimes i'll here some rattling when driving. Harder to find the location while driving. So I tried placing some bassy music to sort of simulate vibrations in the car. Is there a way to tell if it's speakers that are blown or having issues which can be replaced under warranty or if it's something that's loose causing the rattling?

Wonder if there's a service I could take my car to diagnose and fix the problem. Would you take it to car speaker shop that does speakers and dash cams and stuff, a bodyshop, mechanic?

Any advice to find the source? I tried playing some bassy music couldn't quite figure out the exact cause just a general area I think i'm hearing it come from. I was idling the car too long with bassy music playing in the backround
and gave up for the night. Need to maybe rethink a different game plan to solve the issue

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have the HK speakers think it's 19 speakers total or something but I really only remember or notice like 6 speakers where are the rest of the speakers? Is there a diagram to find all 19? I want to make sure my speakers are okay before my warranty ends to make sure the buzz isn't due to defective speakers. My bodyshop advisor said woofer cones can be blown after use. Any tips also on how to find rattle in the car interior or how to figure out if all my speakers are fine? Is there a test feature available where there's something I can play on the speakers that will play just each specific speaker one at a time to isolate each speaker?

Is there an audio clip on youtube you'd suggest playing to sort of notice if the speakers are sounding normal? Not sure how to go about finding the issue and if I need to find a custom car audio business to help

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this video, seems like a bit of work to totally rattle proof the whole car and knowing my experience it may turn out worse if I bring it in to the dealership to fix something. Think if my speakers are having issues then maybe getting to replaced under warranty. Seems like rattling could be fixed without buying new parts just foam 3m tape or something

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You think it’s worth making an appointment to diagnose if my 18 speaker system has any issues before the warranty ends for $75 at a custom car stereo shop? I have the Max Care warranty, it should cover any defects or issues with the speakers right ? Such as brown cones?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
2,581 Posts
Just a thought, have you had someone as a passenger in the car that can help you track down rattles? My wife hears things that I don't and is tenacious at tracking them down. May see if someone you know can ride with you and listen from the front seat and rear to track down what you are hearing. Good luck 👍

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just a thought, have you had someone as a passenger in the car that can help you track down rattles? My wife hears things that I don't and is tenacious at tracking them down. May see if someone you know can ride with you and listen from the front seat and rear to track down what you are hearing. Good luck 👍
thanks I don't think anyone will volunteer for that. I have tried parking my car and playing music with bass and then hoping into the back seat to try to hear. I sort of hear something rattling but I can't tell if it's the speaker unless they access the speaker I think. Think they maybe need to remove screws?

Hopefully a professional diagnoses is worth it for the peace of mind in that if something is wrong, hopefully warranty will cover it, if nothing is wrong than I will have peace of mind I did everything I could before the warranty ended. Worse case is if they break something trying to diagnose the issue or make things worse than it was. The company seems like it has decent review on yelp, one with 5 stars hasn't gotten back to me but they seem like the 2nd best choice

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wondering if diagnosing the speakers by having to remove all 18 or access it to visually look at it would be too invasive? Would they have to remove a bunch of trim that could have a broken tab or something?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit worried about the diagnosis , could turn out good or bad. If they literally are going to remove all that trim to access the speaker I wonder if they know how to add 3M foam tape or something to sort of mute and squeaky or rattle sounds. This looks like where all the speakers are at seems like a lot of removable. Do they have to remove the interior trim bezel that houses the Uconnect to access the speakers?

Automotive lighting Font Personal protective equipment Advertising Illustration

1 - 8 of 8 Posts