Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about the Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, but saw some posts about the gauge malfunctioning and I don't know if it will display the parameters I want to monitor: oil pressure, oil temp, fuel pressure.
I also looked for a three gage pod setup but haven't found anything other than the A pillar, which I am not a fan of. Something like the SMS gauge setup.
I would like to go with a single gauge like the Aeroforce model but am not sure if it will display the PIDs I want to monitor.
The oil temp & pressure and the fuel pressure are available when I datalog with hp tuners, so I know they are available on the can bus.
I already have a wideband occupying the driver A/C vent.
Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after banging my head against the wall searching for the past hour I think that is probably the best solution.
I have 3 gauges I'll be installing:
a glowshift vacuum/boost gauge (gift from my wife for future mods)
an innovate MTX-D dual oil temp & pressure gauge, and a fuel pressure gage.
I was hoping to get a Aeroforce scan guage to measure all these parameters but I can't get any information if they work with our Challengers or not.
I'll be getting in touch with Aeroforce hopefully later this week before I pull the trigger and see what they have to say.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I received a very informative reply from Aeroforce Technologies:

"I have a 2006 SRT8 and can read oil temp and pressure. My car does not have a fuel pressure sensor though so I added our fuel pressure sensor kit and connected it to one of the analog inputs on back of gauge. Does the 2010 Challenger have a fuel pressure sensor from the factory? We could add the parameter if so, we've sold thousands of these to Challenger owners and this is the first time I've heard this."

I am almost positive fuel pressure is a selectable parameter on HP tuners scantool, but I may be mistaken. At any rate I would prefer to get a single Aeroforce gauge and pod mount it right to the left and above where my AFR is now, just to keep the dash clean.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,003 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Aeroforce stated they would add the parameter if available.
I just can't recall if it's available for monitor on the bus or not, it's been a while since I broke out the datalogger.
Another Challenger owner who has done this stated that nitrous express has an quick connect adapter to enable fuel pressure monitoring that attaches between the fuel rail and the fuel line.

I'll post up how I go about getting it done once I am over this flu...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts