Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I just bought a 2015 challenger RT plus a couple days ago and was reading up on the uconnect. I realized mine is out of date. It's running 14.29.9 so I went to uconnect website put my vin in and followed the directions for downloading the update. I opened the file and copied them to my flash drive. When ever I plug it into the car it just pops up file not supported. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I read in one forum that the update has the wrong file name and it needed to be renamed. It needs to say swdl.iso instead of swdl.upd Anyone know anything about this. Also with buying it used is there any chance I could lock up the radio trying to update it? Heres a picture of the files that it downloaded and I put on the flashdrive and also a picture of what my radios settings say. Any advice would be great. Thanks guys

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) I don't think you can jump from a 14 version to the latest software. Your version is even older than the versions listed in instructions saying you must go to the dealer

I think you need to get to one of the versions that says Proceed to download. I'd take it to the Dealer if I was you, assuming there is an issue or some update functions you need

A Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohhh. Yeah I saw that list and didn't see my number on there so I guess I just assumed that ment it was alright lol. Yeah sounds like the dealership it is. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker
135 Posts
Not to hijack this thread but....I checked my 2016 this morning. It is version 18.11.07 and is not shown on the list. Proceed with 18.45.01 update or dealer? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,741 Posts
I'd think if you are already on 18, you'd be good to update yourself

A Guy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts