Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 challenger and I tried to use the USB connection today for the first time and I get a screen that says "no music available to copy" now I tried 3 different usb sticks and I get the same reading so I know its not the sticks, I even come back and check and make sure it does have music downloaded to make sure, I'm not the idiot and it does have music in it. It will copy music from a disc no problem, but usb seems to not be working. anybody ever heard of this problem or had this issue? just want to see if it is a easy fix before I take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I only had this problem when i tried to use and external HD. I bought an 8GB memory stick and it works good.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Are your files MP3 or WMA files? I think that's all that work.
You can copy MP3 and WMA formatted compressed​
audio files from a disc or via USB (e.g., USB stick).

·
Registered
460 Posts
Are your files MP3 or WMA files? I think that's all that work.

You can copy MP3 and WMA formatted compressed​

audio files from a disc or via USB (e.g., USB stick).
Yup, it'll skip right over AAC files as well. If you use iTunes on your computer for copying, it defaults to the AAC format. The MyGig will skip right over these when copying. You have to manually set your iTunes to encode in MP3 format and then re-encode anything that you currently have in AAC.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help! I was able to download some music that I had in my .wma but when I try and convert itunes into mp3 it still doesnt read it as mp3 file, it comes up as mpe-4 and that is what it does not read when I download it into the usb stick. did I explain myself right? lol, sorry I am not a computer guy, I suck at them, so be patient with me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
thanks for the help! I was able to download some music that I had in my .wma but when I try and convert itunes into mp3 it still doesnt read it as mp3 file, it comes up as mpe-4 and that is what it does not read when I download it into the usb stick. did I explain myself right? lol, sorry I am not a computer guy, I suck at them, so be patient with me.
That doesn't sound like they're converting correctly. Mpe-4 is a 4 layer whereas you want 3 layer (MP3).

To change your default conversion in iTunes, go to 'Edit' in the toolbar, then to 'Preferences'. In the 'General' tab, look right behind where it says "When you insert a CD:" it has a box marked 'Import Settings...'. Click on 'Import Settings...' and click on the dropdown box for "Import Using". Here, you want to choose MP3 ENCODER. You can also adjust the quality of the conversion as well if desired. Hit OK once done to back out.

Now if you right-click on any song in your library, it should give you an option for "Create MP3 version". It'll re-encode and create a copy of your song. Drag the NEW converted song to your USB drive...DONE!

Below is the site I originally used when I found that iTunes was automatically converting my stuff to m4a. It's for a different version of iTunes but basically works the same:

Convert m4a to mp3

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome! thanks for the help! I finally got it and thanks for explaining it in caveman words! lol. I really appreciate the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts