Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am currently in the market for a 2019 Dodge Challenger ScatPack for order with the packages I have in mind which will be attached below. I have been doing some research and it seems my best bet for a good out the door price is signing up for the tread lightly membership to receive the 1% below invoice price. I am in the Central Florida area and I have only visited one dealer so far and the experience was horrible( planning on visiting at least 5 more), however if anyone has any suggestions on dealers in the area that they have worked with before Id be interested in hearing you out. The dealer I visited (greenway dodge) gave me an out the door price of $52,134.77 on a $46,625 MSRP build off of dodge.com(Florida sales tax is 6.5%), and the dealer was not willing to budge one bit after 45 min of negotiation, claiming that since it is a customized order they do not negotiate on price . I am wondering what is a realistic out the door price I can get and what type of negotiation advice people may have for me, thank you!

-White knuckle exterior
-6 speed manual transmission $1,000 gas guzzler tax
-Red brake calipers $495
-Dynamics package $2,200
-Driver convenience group $1,095
-Plus package $1,695 (red seats)
Dodge net price: $46,625

Thanks again and please feel free to ask more questions if it can help! thank you!

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
FWIW, I ordered my '16 SP for invoice. I have a great little dealer, so I don't mind them making a few bucks.

It took about 20 minutes to order, and a 1/2 hour at delivery.

No way in heck was I going to shop, shop, shop, to save a few bucks. Time is money and frustration is priceless. Not playing that game.

·
Registered
15,341 Posts
You need another dealer. Many will play that custom order MSRP line, just tell him to find somebody else to rip off. You can find dealers that will deal but I hear Florida is pretty bad. I'd be looking for invoice plus half the holdback or better, that's a fair deal for both parties.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Hellcat. 2017 Scatpack.
2,214 Posts
Im not sure if thats a bad price or not. we recently built a 19 R/T scatpack widebody with my dealer and it came out to $56,800 optioned just the way we wanted. You do have to factor in above dodges website pricing, the destination & doc charges, taxes & registration, adm, etc, etc. Those cost add up fast.
We still havent pulled the trigger on it, but anyway, dealers are far less likely to budge on the price on "ordered" cars. if you bail on the purchase after they order/take dealer delivery, they are stuck with a car thats been specifically built for your taste and options which may not be a good fit for anyone else, that they then would have to try and sell to someone else, so its risky for them. You have to pay to play I guess.
I do agree with Sidd, however if they are not willing to entice you as a buyer with something (free oil changes, service packs, whatever) or actually explain/justify the added cost so you understand where all that $$ is going, then simply find another dealer. Dont be surprised though, if they all dont treat you somewhat similarly when ordering though, your best pricing/bargining power will come from finding one close enough, thats sitting in dealer lot inventory. good luck.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Find a different dealer.

Make sure they aren't ordering it for dealer stock and promising it to you, if they do that, your name won't be on the window sticker.

You want the car ordered for YOU.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm in SW Florida and am also in the process of nailing down dealers.

I was in the car business for years.

2 main points:

1. Negotiate by phone and email.

2. Choose a dealer that moves large volumes. They get bonus holdback money no small dealer does.

I use Cars.com for research and the Dodge inventory tool.

Jerry Ulm in Tampa is discounting 2019's right up front.

Jim Browne deals too. (Tampa)

University Dodge (Davie, FL) is a power dealer w/ discounts up front.

Kendall Dodge (S. Miami) is my third source.

Drive and pick it up or have it shipped for $300 open carrier, $400 closed - Miami to SW FL in my case.

Salesmen will deliver 50 miles or less if you're nice.

BTW: They just built a new Dodge dealer blocks from me.

No inventory, joke discounts, false advertising - I'm not even calling them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts