Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope somebody out there can help. I installed the MOPAR long tube CAI on my r/t a few weeks ago. During the install while removing the air deflector behind the grill as instructed I damaged the plastic flat top two piece push pins that hold the deflector to the grill. There are a total of five of them. I took the part numbers shown on the tips and tricks website to my dealer and couldn't get a match. Does anybody have the no kidding dodge or mopar part number for these push pins?

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I hope somebody out there can help. I installed the MOPAR long tube CAI on my r/t a few weeks ago. During the install while removing the air deflector behind the grill as instructed I damaged the plastic flat top two piece push pins that hold the deflector to the grill. There are a total of five of them. I took the part numbers shown on the tips and tricks website to my dealer and couldn't get a match. Does anybody have the no kidding dodge or mopar part number for these push pins?
Show me a picture of said pin.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Speedy,
The only things I have are pieces of the now destroyed pins. There are five on the air deflector. I can take a picture with my iPhone but the quality won't be great.
The flat top of the pin is 1/2 inch across with a small hole in the middle, the push part which is broken into two pieces and is in the lower portion of the pictures is 5/8 inch and the sleeve that the push pin goes into, compresses and locks is 3/4 inch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Those photos aren't the best, but those look like the standard Dodge plastic rivets. I would replace them with the push/pull fasteners in the thread above... those plastic rivets are a one time install, you have to break them to removed them, the push/pull can be removed and reinstalled over and over.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Getting closer?

The recommended push pins appear to be too long. Is there a shorter version? This pin is less than an inch long and the lower portion collapses and flares out once the pin is in place. Sorry about the pictures, my other camera wouldnt even do that good on these things.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
Yep those are plastic rivets.

Go to Harbor Freight. They have an assortment of plastic rivets to match the ones on the car.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ditto for Harbor Freight Tools. The plastic rivet gun comes with an assortment of rivets which are actually made by Marson, who supplies the OEM pieces for Chrysler. It'll be a good price, too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys were right on the money. Went to a dealer that actually let me talk to a smart tech and didn't just say too hard. Thanks again everyone, challengertalk comes through again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts