Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2014 challenger R/T Shaker and traded my 13 R/T plus. the 13 had 18 inch wheels and Michelin pilot all season tires & I ran them at 32-34. my 2014 shaker has 20 inch wheels with 245/45zr20 goodyears. what is the correct tire pressure on these ? door sticker for these says 32 psi. tire shop said 40 plus psi is ok . what is the correct psi for these tires & I hear you cannot drive them on cold winter days below 50 degrees, is this true ? I also have anti spin but my axel ratio is not listed on my window sticker, it is automatic 5.7. shaker

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I run 32 psi all around on my 245/45/20's like the door placard says and they do just fine. Goodyear told me 50 degrees was the lowest reasonable temp to drive the F1's, but 40 degrees is the max lowest according to Goodyear. they said don't even store the tires in below 30 degrees temp but this winter I drove mine in the lower 20's and they were pretty slick on take off a few times but it never felt dangerous on curves or anything. I'll get around sometime to getting some Nitto Motivos or Toyo Proxes all season but I'm in no hurry, the originals are fine for now.

·
Registered
15,846 Posts
I just bought a 2014 challenger R/T Shaker and traded my 13 R/T plus. the 13 had 18 inch wheels and Michelin pilot all season tires & I ran them at 32-34. my 2014 shaker has 20 inch wheels with 245/45zr20 goodyears. what is the correct tire pressure on these ? door sticker for these says 32 psi. tire shop said 40 plus psi is ok . what is the correct psi for these tires & I hear you cannot drive them on cold winter days below 50 degrees, is this true ? I also have anti spin but my axel ratio is not listed on my window sticker, it is automatic 5.7. shaker
Go with the factory door sticker as a starting point, and you can adjust a few pounds either way to suit your needs; more psi for harder faster driving, less for a smoother ride cruising. You have F1 tires on your Shaker? Could have also gotten the Goodyear RSA so not sure what you have. If F1, they are are called 3-season or summer tires and traction is reduced in cold weather so be careful, you can still drive in winter just traction will be less. All automatics have a 3.06 axle ratio.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks slid, yep. F1 is whats on there. I have heard that traction is reduced in cold weather between 50 & 40 degrees. iread on the tire supplement I just found in the paperwork that 40 is the cutoff point and that is the lowest temp. they advise to not drive with the F1 tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts