Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer just called me back concerning my order (status D I believe) and gave me the VIN info. He only has the last 8 digits: LH189600.
I've searched around and found the digits before those should be 2C3CDZBT (R/T 5.7). However, I don't have the rest. I'm also confused about the first digit he gave me (L) since I read somewhere on this forum this should be the model year and if I calculate correctly L should be model year 21 unless they skipped a year somewhere. Anyhow, could someone help me to get my full VIN number? My car is a 2020 R/T 5.7 Shaker. Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,286 Posts
Maybe this will help you or wait for @Hal H to chime in.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
They skipped I, I guess it could be mistaken for a 1, so L is correct. The issue is the unknown check digit. If you have it, no guarantee the build sheet is up yet as well. The few 2020 R/Ts I looked at online (not Scat Packs) have a different check digit, so hard to say. I tried 0-9 and nada

2C3CDZBT*LH189600

A Guy

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2020 HellRaisin 1320
237 Posts
Thats weird the dealer couldn't give you the entire number. If you have your VON, I would call the SRT line (1-855-SRT-TEAM (778-8326)) or do a chat through Mopar.com and they should be able to give you your entire VIN. You might not need the VON but just in case they can't find your order with just the last 8 they would need that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help guys. I forgot to say I'm in Canada so I called Mopar Canada but they can't help me. Basically I'm just missing a number. Guess I'll have to wait.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,956 Posts
They skipped I, I guess it could be mistaken for a 1, so L is correct. The issue is the unknown check digit. If you have it, no guarantee the build sheet is up yet as well. The few 2020 R/Ts I looked at online (not Scat Packs) have a different check digit, so hard to say. I tried 0-9 and nada

2C3CDZBT*LH189600

A Guy
Is the check digit only numberical? Maybe A-F?

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Check digit is a number from 0 thru 9 or the letter X.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,725 Posts
Here's a VIN Calculator - input the alpha character in CAPS - substitute letter X between the T and L character - it will calculate what the correct check digit should be.

I went to a site that tells the weighting and calculation method - and I tossed that and went onto something else.

They needed to use plain English because for some reason using an algebraic equation would have been too easy, I guess instead of some arcane words. (modulus anyone?)

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
That calculator says the check digit should be an X, so the VIN would be 2C3CDZBTXLH189600

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Yes, there are some amazing and knowledgeable members here. Hopefully you get it sooner than you’re thinking.
I remember the old days, you ordered a vehicle and waited for “the call”.
I did that last year with my truck, it wasn’t going to come any faster and didn’t need to makes myself nuts.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Still no build sheet? Did you ever confirm whole VIN#?

A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No. My dealer actually called me monday to tell me my car is in D1, so I asked him if he had a VIN and he told me no and that he would call me as soon as he has one.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Seems impossible to be in D1 without a VIN.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
...after a month...

A Guy

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know but this is what he told me. I think I'll wait a week or two and ask him again. I also call Mopar Canada every week and tell them my last 8 VIN digits and they tell me they have nothing (as of tuesday this week).

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
Just concerned with the latest discussion in this thread where perhaps that dealer had no allotment and car may have never been ordered...

A Guy

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
I know but this is what he told me. I think I'll wait a week or two and ask him again. I also call Mopar Canada every week and tell them my last 8 VIN digits and they tell me they have nothing (as of tuesday this week).
Then seems like you're in D not D1. When you go D1 a build date is set and all the vendors will be sending the parts to Brampton for that build date and don't see how they begin that process without a VIN.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well he did say D1, but perhaps he misunderstood or doesn't know what he's talking about.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts