Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am needing some help with the radio system for my new Dodge Challenger SE that I just purchased. The SE model that I have comes with the RES130 media center model and I am trying to upgrade this radio to a touch screen cd/dvd player (MyGig 430 RBZ). I have already purchased this deck and you can view the deck here: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Media Center 430 (RBZ) Radio - eBay (item 170578053924 end time Dec-13-10 20:05:29 PST)

I thought I did enough research when I purchased this deck, and now that I have it does not work. Every time I try to install it, I get an odometer error that says "no bus" and the radio does not power on at all. I can remove it, install the RES130 and the error disappears and the car works fine! The seller assures me that the radio was operational in their car, but is not working in mine! What can I do to possible get this corrected?

I have tried to remove the battery negative cable, install the new deck, but no change at all. I still get the same reading.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hello,

I am needing some help with the radio system for my new Dodge Challenger SE that I just purchased. The SE model that I have comes with the RES130 media center model and I am trying to upgrade this radio to a touch screen cd/dvd player (MyGig 430 RBZ). I have already purchased this deck and you can view the deck here:
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Media Center 430 (RBZ) Radio - eBay (item 170578053924 end time Dec-13-10 20:05:29 PST)

I thought I did enough research when I purchased this deck, and now that I have it does not work. Every time I try to install it, I get an odometer error that says "no bus" and the radio does not power on at all. I can remove it, install the RES130 and the error disappears and the car works fine! The seller assures me that the radio was operational in their car, but is not working in mine! What can I do to possible get this corrected?

I have tried to remove the battery negative cable, install the new deck, but no change at all. I still get the same reading.
Not sure but you may have to have the dealer program it to your car with their StarScan tool.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Sounds like a Job for SS Dodge. When you see him on you might want to ask him. He can make a SE use about anything. I know that the SE can use RBZ radios because my son has one in his.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's some uplifting news. I hate spending a lot of money on something and not have it work. How can I get in touch with SS Dodge?

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
He's on about every night and Tony is very helpfull. If you go to his member page and leave a message he'll get back with you. He'll most likely see this thread anyway. He usually looks at mod posts.

·
Banned
368 Posts
our challengers run on a low bus system, the grand cherokee may run on a hi bus system . if that is the case than yes it will not work. starscan may not help in this matter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
According to the link that I provided, the Jeep Grand Cherokee runs on a Low Bus system as well.

·
Banned
368 Posts
well according to that link and i also checked with another list that i have it should work.you may have to do what bpag said and go to the dealership.plus they should know if the unit is good

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yor dealer will need to add the radio sales code to the vin as a option and then reconfig you car for it by down loading the new vin with the radio into the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate all the freedback you guys are offering. I went to the dealer once and they said they couldn't help me because the deck was purchased outside of the dealer. Either way I will try again and hope they can do what you are referring to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts