Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thinking about getting some new wheels but i am blown away with all of the choices.....need help making up my mind....i have a stone white with a lowering kit and im looking for something old school kinda like boss 338s or torqs...problem is i got 18s now and not sure if i should stick with those or go to 20s....also want something staggered....not a big fan of rubberband tires...any help would be greatly appreciated.....give me some suggestions

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the large wheel rubberband tires either but my opinion it takes 20's to fill up the wheel wells. I spent several months deciding on a wheel and tire combination. I'm old so no question it was going to be a chrome wheel and not a black wheel, but there are a lot of choices. I spent several hours looking at pictures of Challengers with aftermarkets.

In the end I came down to these choices....

I ended up with the Torq wheels, 20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rears with 245's on the front and 295's on the rear. There are some good choices out there, in the end its whatever does it for you.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I've got staggered 22" black chromed Boss 338s for my 300c. They look good.

I see you found Boatman's thread, now those are nice!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got staggered 22" black chromed Boss 338s for my 300c. They look good.

I see you found Boatman's thread, now those are nice!

how do the 22s feel in the rear....im thinking about 20s in front and 22 in back for that tucked under look...i getting a predator soon so i can adjust for size but not sure about this combo....i have some nice ones on bonnspeed also

·
Registered
389 Posts
Wheels are such a personal choice - at least as much as exhaust systems, if not more because of the way they effect the whole look and attitude of the car. I wanted something a bit "old school muscle" myself, and wanted to keep the 20" my SRT8 came with. Those big Brembos up front limit you're "old school" style choices considerably, BTW. Anyway, I went with Cragar SS 610Cs and was very pleased. My "back up plan" if I couldn't get Cragars to fit were Boss 338s or the Torque Thrusts - like those a lot too.

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im really loving the tucked look like this greenie....but its got 20s in the front and 24s in the rear....sounds crazy but looks good to me....might try some 22s in the rear and 20 up front but not sure about clearence

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I had the stock 18s on my SE and everyone kept telling me you need 20's to fill out the wheel well... last May I finally went with Americal Racing Torq Thrusts. Go to TireRack and you can have a pic of a Challenger in your paint color and put different wheels on it. Here is mine:

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's definitely one of the best looking SE's I've seen. Like the whole set up!

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Mr Big, keep away from 24's if you like oldschool. regards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts