Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. It all started last weekend. First, the TPMS light comes on, but my tires haven't lost any air, and it goes back off. To top that off, the cruise control quit working too.
Fast forward to today. Go to fire the car up. Cruise still doesn't work, but the TPMS light is on and stays on. Tires have plenty of air in them. And the TPMS sensors are new. Just put them in my wheels in April.
Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? 2011 R/T.

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
I'm having an issue that I can't figure out. It all started last weekend. First, the TPMS light comes on, but my tires haven't lost any air, and it goes back off. To top that off, the cruise control quit working too.
Fast forward to today. Go to fire the car up. Cruise still doesn't work, but the TPMS light is on and stays on. Tires have plenty of air in them. And the TPMS sensors are new. Just put them in my wheels in April.
Anyone have any ideas on what this could be? 2011 R/T.
failure codes please,
Luke

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what are you checking for codes with, most cheesy scan tool will only pick up engine or transmission codes at best
Luke
I didn't, because there was no check engine light on. The only light that came on was the TPMS warning light, and then it went off.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Similar symptoms in my 15 was a wheel speed sensor. Don't know about the2011 year tho.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, get this.
So the tire pressures were 35 pounds in the front and 38 pounds in the rear (can't figure that one out). Started the car, and as I got it moving, the TPMS light turns back off. So I got a wild hair and aired all 4 tires up to 40 pounds. Drove to Autozone and ordered a new cruise control switch (didn't cost that much, so what the hell?). Coming home, I'm playing with the cruise control switch in the steering wheel, and presto!!! The damn cruise comes on! So now I'm debating on weather or not to keep the new switch when it comes in or send it back. Crazy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts