Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m getting a P06DD “engine oil pressure control circuit stuck off” I believe it’s a generic code.. so far I’ve replaced oil pressure switch, temp sensor, new oil, and new oil filter everything purchased from mopar. I took it to an electric and said it’s something mechanical and I really don’t want it to be my dual pump which I doubt cause it hasn’t made any noise and I’ve been driving it for about a month like this.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,854 Posts
Have you tried clearing the code (i.e. disconnect the battery or use a OBD reader) and does it keep coming back?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also if I try to pass a vehicle I can’t because my challenger won’t go over 3000 rpms. Only sometimes but the check engine stays there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chally. Yup tried that already with my matco scanner and nothing keeps popping right back up as soon as I hit 3000 rpms

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Alright then, you've covered the basics. As long as it's the correct filter MO-744 (Remember, there are 2 Mopar ones that are different depending on the year. Using a 2014-up filter MO-349 in a 2011-13 will likely cause that code). Make sure there is no debris that broke off inside the filter housing that could restrict oil flow. Next you might be digging deeper into the engine. It could be the oil pump, or pressure loss somewhere in the lubrication circuit. There were STAR cases about that in 2012, one was for the oil pump pickup tube o-ring being torn (Leaking), the others were similar dumb little things. I can only guess from here though. Good luck to you. If you do go to do the oil pump, check that pickup tube o-ring.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! I might take it to the dealer this Friday to get it reflashed I believe their charging me $80 to do it. Hopefully that works. If not I’ll just let them diagnose it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
There are 3 current StarOnlines tied to the P06DD fault you may want to ask about at your dealership (although their techs can find these themselves in DealerConnect or Service Library):

- S1218000005 MIL ON, DTC P06DD Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Stuck Off.
- S1109000014 Low Oil Pressure Or MIL Illumination P06DD - Engine Oil Pressure Control Circuit Stuck Off
- S1618000050 MIL On for the following DTCs: P0390, P0394, P0365, P0349,P0345, P0344, P0340, P0369, and P06DD

Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same problem with P06DD code. 14' V6 it started happening before 6000 miles and it is continuing. Dealer did the fix but months later it started happening again. I have reset it so many times only to have it come back in weeks or months no matter how I am driving. Always using the Mopar M0-349 filter and synthetic oil.
The dealer always says to bring it in when the light comes on but I have done that before and they do nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The dealer had the information about the P06DD problem and the fix. They did replace something that was called for in the fix but I cannot tell you what that was. I have read about filter problems also but like I said I use only the Mopar filter so that is not the problem. I am 30 miles from the closest dealer so if it happens when I am closer I will again try to take it in. In the past I did that once and they said bring it back in 2 days for an appointment and then the light went off before the appointment. When I showed up the dealer said wait for the light to come on again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The dealer does need the issue to occur to diagnose it, however they could spend some time driving it since it's intermittent...often that is the only way to get to the bottom of a problem. It's a bit lazy to say 'oh well bring it back when it's acting up', but unfortunately not an usual dealer response.

A few more questions - are you still under warranty? Do you notice any driveability problems when the check engine light comes on? How many miles now and when it first started giving you trouble?

Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
It does not happen often enough for a dealer to drive it. It takes weeks and sometimes a month or more before it comes back on. Why would they need the code to diagnose the problem? I can tell them what the code is; P06DD should tell them what the problem is as before. They should look at my records and see what they have done and then take the next step to replace the next item in the problem solving flow chart. It is strange that a few times in the past if I ignore the code or even park in my garage overnight and the next time I start the car the engine light might be out and then not happen another month or so.

·
Registered
352 Posts
It does not happen often enough for a dealer to drive it. It takes weeks and sometimes a month or more before it comes back on. Why would they need the code to diagnose the problem? I can tell them what the code is; P06DD should tell them what the problem is as before. They should look at my records and see what they have done and then take the next step to replace the next item in the problem solving flow chart.
It's not that simple unfortunately, nor is it just a matter of throwing parts at it until the fault goes away especially considering it's so intermittent (how would they be able to confirm if they fixed it or not).

You mentioned you use a mopar oil filter, what viscosity oil are you using? That can be a factor in setting the P06DD fault (as well as oil level) for what it's worth.

As far as the set conditions are concerned P06DD indicates you've got less than expected/target oil pressure above 2800 RPM. You could keep an eye on your oil pressure while driving and see if it seems to be below 45 psi above 2800 rpm.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts