Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2013 Challenger RT, when from a dead stop, I punch it and as soon 2nd gear engages(either normal,sport or autostick) I hear a low deep pop(like its farting) from the exhaust, it only does it on 2nd gear. I bought the car used and it has a airaid throttle body spacer & airaid cold air intake. also noticed a sticker under the hood that says pcm reprogrammed, and flowmaster mufflers(not sure what kind) I have no clue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i believe the sound you are hearing is the "Hemi Fart." Look it up to see if it sounds like what you're hearing. It's normal for Hemis with aftermarket exhaust to make that noise when shifting gears.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, so could it be that either manifold warped or a bolt sheared off causing a exhaust leak? I noticed a ticking by the passenger side tire. Also check in engine bay and I dont hear any kinda tick.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,637 Posts
Do you mean the little pop when shifting from 1-2?
https://vimeo.com/258407847

I suspect that the "fart" may be due to negative spark advance (might be adjustable in the min spark tables). However, ever since I tweaked my tune (switched to sensed MAP enabled and modified the torque tables) I have not heard it.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
5,637 Posts
Torque management at work?
Not sure, since I have a manual all my TM tables are pretty much maxed out.

I thought it was due to extra fuel as DFCO has a delay before it sets in but if you look at the min spark tables the timing is pretty negative in the aircharge/rpm range where the pop takes place. I wish I would have taken a log and paid attention when I had the pop so I could have verified.

Here is a reference to why I think min spark tables are the culprit.
https://forum.hptuners.com/showthread.php?58355-how-can-i-do-the-quot-Backfire-quot-tune&p=439994&viewfull=1#post439994

It could also be a result of tip-in spark as it is negative as well. :dunno:

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts