Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, so the wife became enamored with a 2010 5.7 R/T which appeared to be a low mileage, well kept car by the pics. Car arrived and was fitted with a Vortech v3 and a zex nitrous system and the motor and transmission are cooked. I have found a stock 2013 5.7 motor and transmission to swap out. I am wanting to keep the Vortech v3 and the 6.1 intake manifold but before I put the new motor in do I need to change out the cam? Should I keep it MDS? I will be removing the zex as I don't see the need for the nitrous which is probably what cooked the existing motor?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
6,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

In stock form the 2010 and 2013 5.7 use the same cam. Although since you have a SC on the engine you might consider getting a cam with a SC grid or a hell cat cam (both would require MDS lifter delete). Although if your going through the trouble of swapping cams I would at least do forged pistons (provided the 2013 motor has low mileage) or at the minimum re-gap the piston ring for boost application (a lot of work though).

FYI I swapped in a 6.2 cam on my 5.7.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm willing to bet the engine in the car currently is still stock besides the supercharger and nitrous. Just remove the supercharger/nitrous and swap out the trans for a used low mileage one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts