Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought a thread where we share some helpful tools might be helpful. I just got delivery of a new tool to assist in my barton shifter install and some other things I will be ordering. This cordless rechargeable led work light is awesome. Stretches across the hood or across the roof for interior work. I could have used this a long time ago. Never even knew something like this existed.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Protective lug nut sockets

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Man i need one of them where did you get it?

sent from mobile device

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Eastwood, it's not cheap but I can't tell u in words how helpful this thing is. Pics don't even really do it justice on how well it lights up the interior. Will be perfect for installing my Barton! Just hope it holds together in the long term. Seems to be constructed pretty well but the center folds together and seems to be the weakest point but thats where taking care of things comes in.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thought I would bring this up again for all the new owners on here. I have used this light for over 2 years now and not a single problem out of it. They have a really nice updated version of this now that I will be investing in. Really comes in handy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,342 Posts

Without a doubt, the single most useful tool I own! Don't know why I wanted so long to get one! :)

Reactions: RT392SP

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh wow! I like that. What brand is that?

·
Registered
6,342 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Breaker bars FTW. I always use my jack handle as a breaker bar. I even made a quick disconnect for it.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
El Cheapo WEN Orbital Buffer, about $28.00 and can be held in one hand. After using the clay bar on the car, this makes the wax application a breeze for hands that are starting to get sore. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Reactions: Toxic11

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I could have definitely used that tool for the cooling system a dozen times by now for my truck. Thanks for that info.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought those just for my car.

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
Here is an easy way to thread a car cover string and security cable under your car.

Simply drill a 1/4" hole at the end of a $.99 yardstick. Then, when you want to secure your car cover, thread the car cover string through the metal loop in the security cable and tie it to the yardstick. Give the yardstick a big push, and the car cover string and security cable will be out the other side of the car ready to be secured.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,695 Posts
Thought a thread where we share some helpful tools might be helpful. I just got delivery of a new tool to assist in my barton shifter install and some other things I will be ordering. This cordless rechargeable led work light is awesome. Stretches across the hood or across the roof for interior work. I could have used this a long time ago. Never even knew something like this existed.
Great idea for a thread, hopefully we can get some more folks to chime in to really add some value to this puppy!

As for me, I have a few items I think should be included this thread, even if they might be better classified as "time savers" or "useful accessories" instead of straight-up tools that can be purchased from the local auto-parts store for use in working on one's Challenger. But either way, each one has served me well at least a few times, so I want to enter them into the mix for others to see in case they can use them as well.

Also, since I have text and pics for each item, I'll put each one in a separate reply to this thread. I figure that's better than one super long post with only one pic per item in an effort to stay below attachment limit.

·
Premium Member
The Pork Wagon (‘14 Cop Charger)
7,695 Posts
Drill Socket Adapter

When I have to perform tasks which require removing, rotating, and/or reinstalling my wheels & tires, I don’t have time to waste using a 4-way, the OE lug wrench, or even your standard ole ratchet & socket to loosen/tighten the lug nuts on each wheel. Depending on how many beers I’ve had when I try, it might take me several minutes per wheel to get all the lug nuts off/on. Well, not any more!!

drill skt adapter 01.jpg

drill skt adapter 02.jpg

I have started using a ½” drive socket adapter for my 3/8” hand-held cordless drill, which allows me to stab the lug nut socket on the drill and zip the lugs on/off in literally a couple of seconds each. It’s not an impact wrench obviously, so each lug has to be broken loose first before the drill can take them the rest of the way, but that’s a task that already gets performed before each tire is raised off the ground, so no added work there.

Also, it is obviously not a torque wrench either, and thus it cannot be used to put the final torque on each lug after installation. But that is also a step which would be performed in addition to the standard tools’ usage if I were using them, so no additional work for my “trick” here either.

I’m telling ya, when you’re rotating a set of tires/wheels in your own garage, without the benefit of anything fancy like a lift, just using a jack and some jack stands, then this little sucker is a HUGE time saver!! I will never go back to the old way after adopting this approach, NO SIR!!

Total Cost: <$10 (don’t remember how much exactly, but it dang sure wasn’t much!)

Reactions: Bigdodge
1 - 20 of 26 Posts