Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SAVE $50.00 on PEAK SPEED SHOP intake manifold porting plus 90mm Throttle Body Package!

$725 limited time Special! Sale ends 3/31/14

Hemi 392 6.4L Intake Manifold Supplied by Customer for Porting. Intake throttle body opening ported to 90mm and returned with Arrington Performance 90mm Cast Throttle Body API-90MMCTB.

Order online at HEMI 392 6.4L Intake Porting + 90mm Throttle Body Package [HEMI IM - BASIC+TB] - $775.00 : Peak Speed Shop, Boosting Horsepower...Adding Style!

Enter "HEMI50" in the shopping cart "Discount Code" to get your $50 forum discount.

Or, call us at 719-651-1952.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How about the 6.1. What's the increases?
We estimate 12-15 rwhp on the 5.7L and 6.1L. We are looking for customers that would like to do before/after dyno runs on the 5.7L and 6.1L engines. Anyone interested, we would provide an additional $50 discount to help with your dyno costs. Send a PM if interested.

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
883 Posts
Good gains but more then one variable for curve bump.

Temp is 20* cooler after instal plus STD and smoothing add a couple hp.

·
Registered
169 Posts
What we need to see are back to back dyno runs (same day and same car) with A/F readings. If you can provide this information you'll increase your sales and reduce all of the questions.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What we need to see are back to back dyno runs (same day and same car) with A/F readings. If you can provide this information you'll increase your sales and reduce all of the questions.
Yes, we prefer back to back dyno runs, too. In this case, the time between dyno runs may have hurt a bit and temperature may have helped a bit. Third party non-biased dyno results from customers seem to be preferred by members of other forums that we belong to. We will pass along more dyno results from other customers as we get them.

Perhaps this is a better reflection of the cars improved performance..... Here is the seat of the pants reaction of this customer immediately after making the swap to the ported intake and 90mm throttle body:

“With 90mm tb and arrington/bg tune this thing runs like a a scalded dog first and second seem to be useless out of a hard dig. dyno is Friday of next week. but all in all it seems to be a success. Without the tune it seemed it lost some in the low end but with the tune I got that back and then some. I don't know about peak numbers but it sure has more under the curve.” Todd – Jefferson City, MO – Hemi 392 intake ported and 90mm throttle body

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Forum member comment on intake porting results

Here is another forum member's response:

"I did this with Peak Speed as well and picked up about the same...I plan to go run on my usual dyno that I have used since stock and get comparison numbers since last time. Mine are a bit less conclusive though since I also made a tire/wheel change in back. But none the less...it's clearly stronger/faster now and this is very good power per dollar mod! Thanks again Bob! "
GO: Flowmaster catback - Trinity custom tune - catch can - Nitto Invo 315/35 rear on 20x10 stock wheel n 245 front, RE front & rear strut tower brace - LMI CAI - 180 degree T-stat - Mopar lowering springs - Eibach sway bars - ARH LT headers - MM ported heads - API 90mm tb - ported intake manifold
Next: BIGGER cam, Motul fluid, Hawk pads

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Good point and the tune was changed as well so yes need to know what the recipe was for the tune changes (A/F tweaks and timing). 20 degree delta in ambient temp and a different tune can cause quite a variable and make people skeptical.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good point and the tune was changed as well so yes need to know what the recipe was for the tune changes (A/F tweaks and timing). 20 degree delta in ambient temp and a different tune can cause quite a variable and make people skeptical.
Any time air flow is affected to this extent a vehicle should be retuned. The Air/Fuel ratio would have changed from the ported intake and larger throttle body. We didn't do the tune. Our understanding is that the Air Fuel ratio was adjusted back to the ratio that it was set at in the base tune specs and will not be different from the base tune. This tune was done by a third party shop that had no advantage to try to manipulate the tune to make it look favorable to this mod. Their mandate from the customer was to retune the vehicle according to the same parameters that they used in the base tune. We will try to get the tune specs from that shop. If we can get them, we will post them. We'll also post more dyno runs on this mod as we get them from other customers.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts
Any time air flow is affected to this extent a vehicle should be retuned. The Air/Fuel ratio would have changed from the ported intake and larger throttle body. We didn't do the tune. Our understanding is that the Air Fuel ratio was adjusted back to the ratio that it was set at in the base tune specs and will not be different from the base tune. This tune was done by a third party shop that had no advantage to try to manipulate the tune to make it look favorable to this mod. Their mandate from the customer was to retune the vehicle according to the same parameters that they used in the base tune. We will try to get the tune specs from that shop. If we can get them, we will post them. We'll also post more dyno runs on this mod as we get them from other customers.
I am in no way discrediting the work your shop has done and personally like what I see. This is a tight knit community and we look out after each other so that is where the skepticism portion of the equation comes from.
Previous posts have shown that the 5.7s can benefit from larger TBs but not so much with the 392s until you go FI’d or serious head/cam work. This post was backed up with bench flow #s. Not saying that it is right or wrong, just saying what this community has been exposed to.
Larger TBs will only show a gain right after they are installed as the ECU will learn/trim out any of the gains within a week of installation. That is why you may want to state “with a tune” so people who don’t tune their cars don’t get disappointed with their new TB or port job after driving them for a while.
Lots of variables with dynos, type, atmospheric conditions, gear they were pulled in, TC totally off or partially off, smoothing etc. all result in different #s. A good dyno operator can make any customer proud of their investment if the customer doesn’t know all the ins and outs. Obviously same day, same dyno , same car results are the best. There have been some pretty outrages #s posted on here with just a CAI and catback but oddly enough no ETs or MPH to back them.
¼ mile MPH is the best way to tell if you gained anything. There is a difference between dynos and actual driving as they load the engine and trans differently than actual driving. I know it is not practical to get ¼ mile MPHs but if the customers ever commented with them, that is certainly a selling factor.
Dodge did a pretty good job with the 392 as far as maximizing its performance out of the box so there isn’t a lot of low hanging fruit. We all know there is more in there and maybe porting will end up being a key factor. I know one thing, with your location, if you could come up with a high altitude package that would help the CO & NM drag racers out, you could really do some business. Keep up the good work and don’t look at posts like mine as negative, we’re just trying to give you some good feedback. The better the vendors are, the faster we go...

Reactions: ghostrt

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Intake Manifold Porting special is still going!

Intake Manifold Porting special is still going!
SAVE $50.00 by entering "HEMI50" when you place your order.

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Positive Customer Feedback!

Listen to what this customer just sent in....

“Just wanted to send Bob a thank you... I did this same package and picked up 16 rwhp and 26 ft lbs of torque (peak)! Probably one of the best bang for the buck mods I have done as I could feel the gains here. Also - inspecting the work closely...VERY smooth inside porting and clean ready for install! I would recommend this and would do it again!
I spent 5 times more on ported heads and ARH long tube headers (no cats) and picked up roughly this SAME amount FYI...”
Nick – Prosper, TX - Hemi 6.4L ported with 90mm TB

·
Premium Member
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Tuner feedback on Peak Speed Shop ported intake manifold

Just got this response from Nick's tuner (see customer feedback above):

I tuned this for Nick. You could tell the manifold was doing its job because the AFR need a fair bit of work to be back at the target. I dont think his gains were typical because of his level of mods, but there are absolutely good gains here. Good value.......Nice work!
Ported intake/exhaust manifolds, throttle bodies
and anything else that meets your performance needs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts