Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont care for the Rider Graphix one and they wont do a custom design. any ideas where i can get one in flat black? other than having it painted, not sure what to do. The billboard decal and shaker hood are the top 2 things i want on my Challenger

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Check with *************** as well. I wanted a modified "c" stripe.. RiderGraphix wouldn't do it, but *************** did. Haven't installed it yet, because it's been too dang cold, but they look well done.

*** MOD EDIT: Removed NSV link and name ***

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont mind the color, this is a quick chop to get your guys' 2 cents. do you like the style that goes all the way down and covers the reflector (more similar to the original style) or this one that cuts off at the body line?

either way i think im going to have it extended so the HEMI is 100% on the door...easier install im sure

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would stick with the first one I am really liking the black one sets the car off perfect!

·
Vendor
231 Posts
i dont care for the Rider Graphix one and they wont do a custom design. any ideas where i can get one in flat black? other than having it painted, not sure what to do. The billboard decal and shaker hood are the top 2 things i want on my Challenger
We won't do it in Vinyl because of the multiple bodylines and the material being pinched at the intersection of all of them. Once you cross over the mid body line, you will have issues installing.

All of the other design you might have seen on an actual car, have been painted on.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We won't do it in Vinyl because of the multiple bodylines and the material being pinched at the intersection of all of them. Once you cross over the mid body line, you will have issues installing.

All of the other design you might have seen on an actual car, have been painted on.

install will be done by a shop that does vehicle wraps. i got it covered :) not going to order an expensive vinyl that is not exactly what i want

there are at least 2 cars i have seen first hand with the billboard decal and they were one off designs so i am starting my search

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
Pretty cool how you had the gas cap on the passenger side in the black billboard photo and then it was gone on the photo of the white billboard stripe.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
install will be done by a shop that does vehicle wraps. i got it covered :) not going to order an expensive vinyl that is not exactly what i want

there are at least 2 cars i have seen first hand with the billboard decal and they were one off designs so i am starting my search
As per what ridergraffix said, its gonna be hard to cover the body line with a vinyl stripe. BUT, as you said, you're having a wrap shop do it. Why not talk to them, and have them cut it custom out of the wrap material rather than thicker decal material, and win win. Can keep it all in house, have them do up the design to your spec, and it will be their territory on the install.

·
Super Moderator
13,858 Posts
Having had a billboard stripe on my 1971 'Cuda, I vote for the first design (in black).

Here's some trivia for you guys- Several designs were rejected, as too tame, for a body side stripe for the 1971 'Cuda. After becoming very frustrated, one of the designers, out of spite, developed the most outrageous stripe that he could think of. Instead of hating it, the Plymouth execs loved it and the rest is history.

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As per what ridergraffix said, its gonna be hard to cover the body line with a vinyl stripe. BUT, as you said, you're having a wrap shop do it. Why not talk to them, and have them cut it custom out of the wrap material rather than thicker decal material, and win win. Can keep it all in house, have them do up the design to your spec, and it will be their territory on the install.

that was my initial thought too but they want too much money. i received a response from vinyl imagination and i think they have what i want for a decent price

·
Registered
354 Posts
Just my two pennies...

..but I think extending the stripe so the HEMI will all be on the door will mess up the proportions.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts