Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what a HEMI Catch Can looks like when you don't empty it EVERY OIL CHANGE!
:eek:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
7,565 Posts
since I have the 5.7l and I have to turn it sideways to get it off, I check it twice a month and dump out whatever little bit is in there.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,384 Posts
So, how many miles is that? If more than one oil change, is it 2,3,6?

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
What the hell? Was the left in for 2 oil changes? After roughly 3k miles, mine isn't even quarter way filled.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,640 Posts
One reason why the factory doesn't include a catch can. With that much oil in the can you were probably one hard turn or some other action that produced a high g force away from causing the engine to ingest a nice slug of oil which would have probably hydraulically locked the engine with almost certainly severe damage as the result.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Misleading title. 3/10

I could go three oil changes and not see that much, and there's a weird whining thing on top of my Hemi.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Misleading title. 3/10

I could go three oil changes and not see that much, and there's a weird whining thing on top of my Hemi.
Different platforms but yes, it honestly differs from vehicle to vehicle, even with same motors.

And for all others asking how many oil changes this was left for...the picture is titled/named “after 2 oil changes”. Don’t know if all can see that.

My Challenger would produce about half an inch (about an oz) in a 5k oil change.

Anyway... yes make sure you empty routinely. Anytime I’m in the engine bay I check, dump and clean it out. Probably 3-4 times in an oil change depending on car shows/mods I have going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
908 Posts
Looks like long time and many miles since that catch can was inspected. As others have opined, if your under the hood for any reason check and empty the catch can.

·
Registered
690 Posts
My 5k is coming up I wonder how much I have collected, I drive mine hard most of the time it's a bad habbit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts