Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the tune I have!

I have had the Hemifever tune since March, just bought a ported throttle body from Sean as well.

He always gets back to me, very knowledgeable and very fast!

Becasue of him I can run 12.9 with a few mods and 93oct - 2017 Challenger RT 345

~Venomx723272, James

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,004 Posts
NICE! I have stock 6.1. Thinking of getting a tuner with hemifever enhanced tune. No issues with it? You think a stock car would notice a difference?
Thanks,
Richard2008srt
A stock car can benefit from an email tune but the gain may not be as great compared to a dyno tune. Heck the canned tunes from diablo improve throttle response and desensitize the knock sensors so the PCM does not pull as much timing, which translates to more power available.

FYI if you are thinking of getting a tuner I have a diablo sport T1000 up for sale as I just made the switch to HP tuners because I like to have more control of my tune. Although, personally I wish I would have started with an HP tuner but the trinity did help me get familiar with logging and tuning.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f17/diablo-sport-trinity-t1000-tuner-accessories-660021/

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
A stock car can benefit from an email tune but the gain may not be as great compared to a dyno tune. Heck the canned tunes from diablo improve throttle response and desensitize the knock sensors so the PCM does not pull as much timing, which translates to more power available.

FYI if you are thinking of getting a tuner I have a diablo sport T1000 up for sale as I just made the switch to HP tuners as I like to have more control of my tune. Although, personally I wish I would have started with an HP tuner but the trinity did help me get familiar with logging and tuning.

https://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f17/diablo-sport-trinity-t1000-tuner-accessories-660021/
I know absolutely nothing about tuning, I am a little "intimidated" about it (actually too lazy to learn). Can't I just put bigger jets or skinnier rods in the carb?!? LOL

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,004 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about tuning, I am a little "intimidated" about it (actually too lazy to learn). Can't I just put bigger jets or skinnier rods in the carb?!? LOL
I hear ya, or make the secondaries kick in sooner. :wink3: I have a 460 BBF in my jet boat and tuning that thing is waaaay easier but I am sure I am leaving power on the table...more so than if it was EFI. Some days I wish I installed a Holley EFI system on it and I would but O2 sensors and marine exhaust don't play well together. :frown:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE! I have stock 6.1. Thinking of getting a tuner with hemifever enhanced tune. No issues with it? You think a stock car would notice a difference?
Thanks,
Richard2008srt

Oh YEAH, after he played with the tune a few times, I was running alot faster...

I had zero issues.

he always gets back to you too.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Oh YEAH, after he played with the tune a few times, I was running alot faster...

I had zero issues.

he always gets back to you too.
Hmmm, sounds good. I did some research, there is a guy who does dyno tuning about 1 hour from me. The plan is to go there Monday for a custom dyno tune. Should be as good or better than the diablo correct?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
I hear ya, or make the secondaries kick in sooner. :wink3: I have a 460 BBF in my jet boat and tuning that thing is waaaay easier but I am sure I am leaving power on the table...more so than if it was EFI. Some days I wish I installed a Holley EFI system on it and I would but O2 sensors and marine exhaust don't play well together. :frown:
Don't quite see what the problem is. :D

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAINLESS-STEEL-MARINE-RACE-HEADERS-BIG-BLOCK-FORD-BBF-JET-BOAT/112402838274?hash=item1a2bbb3302:g:jZwAAOSwIQdZE1a6

1 - 9 of 9 Posts