Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All these recent posts about Hemi Orange versus Toxic Orange made me want to post up some side by side pictures to compare the two colours.

Today while I was there getting an oil change I decided to park next to this Toxic Orange R/T Classic and snap a few cell phone pictures.

Don't know if this has been posted before but you be the judge which colour is nicer! (I think they both look awesome! Toxic Orange is a beauty in the sun but lacking in the shade... Still don't think it edges out Hemi Orange though)

·
Banned
675 Posts
makes that HO look like torred red

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I've always liked the HEMI Orange, and never saw a TOXIC up close until last week.

I was at a dealership to pick up my Mopar strut brace, it was SUNNY, and there was a TOXIC 392. I was impressed.

You are correct. In person, and with sun, the TOXIC is very nice.

Of course "DY" is still my favorite, but that TOXIC sure did look good.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I am glad I bought a 2010. The T/O looks like Copper next to the H/O. The R/T Classic looks so retro next to the meaner looking SRT-8. I like them both for different reasons.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
I am glad I bought a 2010. The T/O looks like Copper next to the H/O. The R/T Classic looks so retro next to the meaner looking SRT-8. I like them both for different reasons.
Bingo

I just fell in love with the R/T Classic look, period. If I would have bought an SRT, I would have put on the side stripes, and removed the hood graphics.............but I still would have wanted the Heritage wheels.

To me, the R/T Classic nails the retro-classic theme, while the SRT looks more like a modern day "hot rod".....................whatever the color is.

Both great cars, just different "themes" to me.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Dude, those shots are sexy as hell! Insta-saved those to my computer. Thanks for taking the shots. The more I see TO, the more I like it. Definitely still diggin HO a little more though...for obvious reasons. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like TO, but next to the HO it just looks like a reflection in a dirty mirror. Not knocking TO, just don't think they compare well...apples and...uh, oranges? IMO...

·
Banned
863 Posts
Damn the HO looks like Torred!!!
I like them both but I must admit, I saw a TO in the Sun and that color explodes. Looks like a $7k paint job.
My verdict = both winners!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I'd like to see a pic of a Torred and a Hemi orange next to each other.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Well, as a new owner of a TO R/T I have to make a confession - my first love was a Hemi Orange SRT-8. But I am starting to appreciate the Toxic orange more and more every time I set it out in full sun. Great looking pic! Whats really crazy is on my computer I have a pic of a Hemi Orange SRT-8 and a Tored Red SRT-8 sitting in the same parking lot. Very nice pair of cars for sure.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Post it up, if you please.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These pictures should give you a good idea of the colour difference, but I DO notice that when I take pictures of my car with my cell phone (like these pics) the Hemi Orange appears slightly darker than it really is (which sometimes gives it more of a TorRed look).

I have half a mind to go back down there with my Canon and see if it makes a difference... lol.

Seeing them next to each other in person was quite a sight let me tell you!

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
The one pic with both cars in the same frame is a little blurry. But I did get some closer pics :)

·
Registered
6,342 Posts
It's hard to compare different photos from different cameras and different skill levels of photography and different glass and different filters and different lighting. For example... This was taken with a Fuji S100FS with a Tiffen Circular Polarizer in auto mode, auto WB and Auto exposure in over cast conditions.

And this was taken from my deck, in full sun, with my Blackberry in auto WB mode.

If I get the chance to meet up with an H.O I would love to do a photo shoot.. It would be cool to have a Torred next to the H.O as well.

Lighting means a lot, for both H.O and T.O...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
No denying they are both awesome cars. I was so impressed with the Toxic Orange I drove to a dealership just to look at one. Had same impression as others.... in the sunlight the TO is just awesome. In shade the TO loses some of the glamor and the HO looks better.

Either way though they are both beautiful cars and anyone that has to decide between a TO or HO Challenger is not having a bad day :)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts