Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 40 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 · (Edited)
Looks really good. I like it alot. :thumbsup:

That color combo re-surfaced in the 90's with the Camaro SS package. They had an orange car with white stripes and a white one with orange stripes. Both looked great. Stripes were slightly different though.

I was curious. In one of the pictures, it looks like the stripes sort of "V" towards the front and get wider as it goes over the top of the car. Does it really? Or is that just a visual thing from the angle of photo? Also, what type and size of wheels? Those look equally as good.
Thanks nolimits76....Ya I noticed that too.... but no.... its just a visual thing.... the stripes are the same width throughout. The wheels are Foose "Legends" 22's

looks awesome...i dont think you should be coping the 392 when you have an RT though...id stick w/ white side RT stripes instead

if it was me i wouldnt do it.....i see it the same as putting 392HEMI on the quarters

i know you wont be happy with my opinion, but i dont believe in making a RT look like a 392
I think it looks better than a 392 because of the color combo, they should of stuck with hemi orange for a color choice. Looks Great good choice. real unique!!

Discussion starter · #23 ·
I have the bright red and I'm thinking about having pearl white stripes painted on my car. I'm getting the painted stripes, as I don't really like the tape on a car. Jimmy Defew from "1ofdefew" will do the painting. Check out his web site. (1ofdefew.com)
Red with white stripes will look awesome. Do it.....:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #25 ·
those stripes are an exact copy of the 2011 392SRT stripes.. you cant get them on a stock RT....he is trying to make is 2010 RT look like a 2011 SRT.....99% of the people who see him drive by will think its a SRT392....might as well get the IE rims & the front spoiler to complete the look

it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it....those stripes are the main appearance difference between 2010 and the 2011 392 model...its not a minor thing...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good

LOL..... :bigthumb: :browsmiley:....Using this logic then the guys who do stripe delete on their 392's are copying my R/T before I put on the stripes.....ha ha ha....just sayin......its all in good fun huggytree.....I take it as a compliment that YOU think it looks too much like a 392....ha ha.....

BTW........ I gained about 25hp with the new stripes too.....:bigthumb:

looks awesome...i dont think you should be coping the 392 when you have an RT though...id stick w/ white side RT stripes instead

i know you wont be happy with my opinion, but i dont believe in making a RT look like a 392
RiderGraphix has had these stripes for over 2 years, so if anything, the Inaugural Edition copied RyderGraphix :)

They do look great Chris! I've been contemplating this mod for 18 months now, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. You just might have helped me :thumbsup:

The only thing I don't like is the area around the rear license plate, it looks too "boxy" for me.

They do look great Chris! I've been contemplating this mod for 18 months now, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. You just might have helped me The only thing I don't like is the area around the rear license plate, it looks too "boxy" for me.
Why not just put the stripes on your hood, roof, and trunk and delete them from the front and rear bumpers? I think that this would look great.

Why not just put the stripes on your hood, roof, and trunk and delete them from the front and rear bumpers? I think that this would look great.
Good point, never thought of that to get rid of the real licence plate fiasco...

I think your car looks pretty good, but then I've always loved orange w/white stripes, it's just different! Plus, I LOVE Creamsicles...

I think a white interior would look awesome, any plans?

That's a great idea, I was actually thinking about that myself. But I do like the looks of the front stripes all the way down to the front spoiler. I think I might use the whole kit, except stop at the rear spoiler.

I am not a big fan of the white strips on a HEMI orange.
However it looks tons better than white on orange Camaro
As long as you like that's what matters.

slick looking ride.when i was first shopping for one of these about a year and a half ago ,a dealer here had a silver se with black stripes long before the 392./Users/clintpolcare/Desktop/1c12ca7b0a0a0064004333337dd63c05.jpg

Discussion starter · #35 ·
RiderGraphix has had these stripes for over 2 years, so if anything, the Inaugural Edition copied RyderGraphix :)

They do look great Chris! I've been contemplating this mod for 18 months now, but haven't been able to pull the trigger. You just might have helped me :thumbsup:

The only thing I don't like is the area around the rear license plate, it looks too "boxy" for me.
Thanks everyone....Phinatic I'm glad you like them and I hope I've given you a little inspiration.....I think I posted several times on this forum looking for someone who had already done HO with white stripes. So now you know how it looks....lol.....Cuda340 is always full of good ideas....... thats the route I would go too if you don't like them around the licence plate.....besides it will look a little different than mine......and thats a good thing :bigthumb:

BTW It was last years Indy pace car that put me over the top for white. Its an orange camaro with white rally stripes. I couldn't find any HO Challengers with white so I search for any muscle car with that combo.... Like I said before.....the pics I took earlier in the year at White sands gave me alot of inspiration too......

Heres a pic......

2010 Indy pace car

2010 Chevrolet Camaro Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Limited Edition

it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it....those stripes are the main appearance difference between 2010 and the 2011 392 model...its not a minor thing...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good
If the owner of the car likes it, then it is 100% correct to do. It's not like he is putting a 392 badge on the side of it. Rally and Racing stripes have been used for years on all different models, including the factory Rallye package SE Challenger and I never thought anyone was posing for adding stripes.

If the owner of the car likes it, then it is 100% correct to do. It's not like he is putting a 392 badge on the side of it. Rally and Racing stripes have been used for years on all different models, including the factory Rallye package SE Challenger and I never thought anyone was posing for adding stripes.
in a word...:werd:

if it was me i wouldnt do it.....i see it the same as putting 392HEMI on the quarters

I don't know man...I say cut him some slack. The stripes look good on there. I don't think he's trying to pretend to have a 392. What's the difference between some RT owners putting a matte black spoiler on their ride or a 6.1 air splitter? There are several people on this forum that have taken things from SRT8's or RT's but they aren't trying to be what they are not. They take those things that they admire and add them to their ride....nothing wrong with that!!

21 - 40 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.