Dodge Challenger Forum banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts
Discussion starter · #61 · (Edited)
"To the OP, when I first read "white on orange" I thought OMG I'm going to hate this. I was wrong. It looks really good."

Funny that you said this.....I thought the same thing for awhile. I kept trying to find some pics with the HO in white or silver. I even tried to get someone to photoshop it for me. I probably drove Brian @ RiderGraphix nutz. I finally found some pics of camaros and mustangs with this color scheme and grew some ba11's......LOL. I almost pulled the trigger on silver but decided to play it safe with white. Somebody ought to do the silver.....I'm positive it will really look good too.

Discussion starter · #64 ·
looks awsome dude and don't worry about cranky pants IE owners anyone who knows about challengers will know that IE only come in blue and white so get over your selves

Thanks......and really I don't/won't lump all IE392 owners into the mix......as a matter of FACT there is only ONE IE392 owner who has been cranky. He's gone underground though......:bigthumb:......:thumbsup:

Discussion starter · #66 ·
Lol, is huggy tree for real? The car looks awesome man. This isn't up badging at all. Unless you put 392 somewhere on your car then it's fine.
Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My intention was never to try and pass my car off as a 392. Never really crossed my mind that someone might think my R/T was a 392 but I guess Huggytree thinks other wise. No sweat off my back....I feel good about it.

BTW thanks for the compliment professor75...:bigthumb:

Well everyone is entitled to their own opinion. My intention was never to try and pass my car off as a 392. Never really crossed my mind that someone might think my R/T was a 392 but I guess Huggytree thinks other wise. No sweat off my back....I feel good about it.

BTW thanks for the compliment professor75...:bigthumb:
Until someone steps forward to pay your car note, their opinion is worth... nothing.
Your car looks awesome. :cool:

Discussion starter · #68 ·
Added white fender accent decals. I had some black ones on but thought the white ones looked better with the rally stripes

I almost pulled the trigger on silver but decided to play it safe with white. Somebody ought to do the silver.....I'm positive it will really look good too.
I'm currently trying to figure out what shade of silver to go w/ and why kind of decal to use it with. Either your stripes, the classic hood decal, it's up in the air. I do like the orange and white classic I have and was thinking of leaving as is and just use that as a theme. Was even gonna try and switch the shifter out with the orange and white pool ball lol. When you were thinking of doing silver what were your thoughts / ideas?

Good Job!

I think the white and HO looks great. I was skimming the thread when I read the original post stating you were attempting to copy the new SRT-8. I know about the 392's and just by being on this site alone I feel I have a better than average knowledge of the Challenger... and still was unaware that the stripe pattern on your car was "exclusive" to the 392 Challenger. Also, to top it off I see at least 2 R/T badges and im assuming a 5.7L hemi sticker on your hood, so I do not understand what that individual is trying to say. The fact he noticed that they were 392 stripes is awesome, shows he has a good eye, but why not just say "hey, they look like the 392 stripes I have."

Anyhow, looks great.

>> Yikes....... got a little too sexy Saturday night.....I'm used to getting alot of attention and thumbs up......but since I added the stripes I've had women propositioning me....... because of my Challenger.... I'm lucky my gf is not the jealous type. I was cruising down one of our main drags and this car with several 20 something girls pulls up next to me.....girls in both the front passenger and back passenger seats were leaning way out and gesturing and hollering to me..... a hot young girl in the front was really coming on to me......until she finally noticed my gf after I rolled both my windows down..... ...... Im really liking these new stripes.

Actually it was when she spotted the "5.7 HEMI" badge.

those stripes are an exact copy of the 2011 392SRT stripes.. you cant get them on a stock RT....he is trying to make is 2010 RT look like a 2011 SRT.....99% of the people who see him drive by will think its a SRT392....might as well get the IE rims & the front spoiler to complete the look

it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it....those stripes are the main appearance difference between 2010 and the 2011 392 model...its not a minor thing...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good

Get over yourself, those stripe kits have been availible since 08', from Ryder graphics long before the IE came around. They look great, And by the way, one other majors difference between the 10's and 11 srt's are the blue jean stains on your white seats
...what the hell ...white interior on a daily driver..? Its more like dodge finally realized the Camero/stang stripe looked good on the chally too.....

those stripes are an exact copy of the 2011 392SRT stripes.. you cant get them on a stock RT....he is trying to make is 2010 RT look like a 2011 SRT.....99% of the people who see him drive by will think its a SRT392....might as well get the IE rims & the front spoiler to complete the look

it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it....those stripes are the main appearance difference between 2010 and the 2011 392 model...its not a minor thing...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good
sounds like you are the one getting your panties in a knot. his car, let him do what he wants until YOU make his payments. just my 2 cents. nothing special about a 392 vs another challenger.

Added white fender accent decals. I had some black ones on but thought the white ones looked better with the rally stripes
I was thinking that with the original pictures, that the black decals needed to go.

Now that black gas door stands out... I think you should give it to me. :browsmiley: :laugh:

lets really set what's his name off. I have an extra set of 392 emblems that I will give to the OP to put on his non 392 challenger.

When I read comments from those who get "anxious" about someone putting stripes on their car that happen to look like those on another model, it reminds me of when I was about 10 years old. A new family moved into my small town and one of the boys who was my age was standing with the rest of us when someone told a joke. The new kid got real offended and said, "Hey, I brought that joke to this town!"

61 - 80 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.