Dodge Challenger Forum banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts
The car looks great! Don't sweat the gripers because as any true Mopar fan knows you can't get a HO 392.

Discussion starter · #84 ·
I was thinking that with the original pictures, that the black decals needed to go.

Now that black gas door stands out... I think you should give it to me. :browsmiley: :laugh:
Ok Chica....I've sorta been thinking the same thing.....Tell ya what..... I'll trade ANYBODY the all black Drake fuel door for the all satin Drake fuel door.

Discussion starter · #85 ·
...those stripes are an exact copy of the 2011 392 SRT stripes..you cant get them on a stock R/T...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it.QUOTE]

I agree.
I agree too....nothing about my car is stock....it IS my car and I'll do what I please....and I'm not that thin skinned that I can't take a little criticism....from the amount of attention and positive comments I get here and out in public and from freinds and family..... I'd say I have pretty good taste.....LOL.........:bigthumb:

Discussion starter · #87 ·
sounds like you are the one getting your panties in a knot. his car, let him do what he wants until YOU make his payments. just my 2 cents. nothing special about a 392 vs another challenger.
lets really set what's his name off. I have an extra set of 392 emblems that I will give to the OP to put on his non 392 challenger.
Dadstoy.... thanks for the kind words,.. but two points. I wouldn't sell the 392 short...that is one helluva machine.....I personally think there IS alot special about the 392...If money were no object I'd be driving one. And you have one of the best looking ones around. That black with silver stripes is da bomb.....:thumbsup:

Secondly as much as I like your car,.... I'm damned proud of my R/T. I'm very happy and satisfied with my Challenger. I figure you made your comments about your 392 emblems in jest. Lets keep it that way. I have no desire to upbadge my car. Thanks for the offer but you outta keep those where they belong....on your mean machine

Discussion starter · #88 ·
Chris, change that fuel door to chrome, then chrome the door handles, like I did. (NOT the fake stick-ons)

Hmmm...see offer about the fuel door above....hadn't thought about the door handles.....I'll have to give that some thought. Thx Rock...:bigthumb:

Ok Chica....I've sorta been thinking the same thing.....Tell ya what..... I'll trade ANYBODY the all black Drake fuel door for the all satin Drake fuel door.
I was just messin with ya. ;) I do think the satin one would look great on your car though.

I'm trying to find a black chrome fuel door to match my wheels. Will have to get it special made I think.

Discussion starter · #90 ·
I'm currently trying to figure out what shade of silver to go w/ and why kind of decal to use it with. When you were thinking of doing silver what were your thoughts / ideas?

Robdragon87, I was really thinking of doing exactly what I did. Fully rally stripes. I really didn't want the hood decal like on the SRT....but that's all personal preferance.

I'm not positive about this (somebody help me here) but I think some dealer in Cali. did a bunch of 2008 Mustang Shelbys in Grabber orange with silver stripes. I hate that grabber orange but with the silver stripes it made a huge difference.

Here's a couple of links to some pics of that mustang. On the first link page down to the 3rd pic. I'm told that someone photoshopped that pic and it looks much more like Hemi orange. Tell me that color combo DOESNT look good. I'm thinking thats close to what HO with silver stripes would look like. The 2nd link is just what the grabber orange (ughh) and silver stripes looks like. I personally think the stripes make all the difference on that color.

I would try and find the most metallic looking silver stripes I could find....then suck in a deep breath and.....grow some ba11s.....LOL....but honestly...... I'm sure it will look awesome

Mustang Muscle Cars

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2386/2501/30963750005_large.jpg

Dadstoy.... thanks for the kind words,.. but two points. I wouldn't sell the 392 short...that is one helluva machine.....I personally think there IS alot special about the 392...If money were no object I'd be driving one. And you have one of the best looking ones around. That black with silver stripes is da bomb.....:thumbsup:

Secondly as much as I like your car,.... I'm damned proud of my R/T. I'm very happy and satisfied with my Challenger. I figure you made your comments about your 392 emblems in jest. Lets keep it that way. I have no desire to upbadge my car. Thanks for the offer but you outta keep those where they belong....on your mean machine
You read me right. it was in jest. the serious side is that I love what you did to your car. looks amazing down to the stripes!

My 2007 Vette was the base model and on the vette forum, there are many people there like this huggy guy who thinks they have to have the best and anything else is a lesser model and even person. I buy what I want and make them how I want like you do. Enjoy you Challenger.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Awesome!
Don't let any naysayers ruin your day.

looks awesome...
it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good

Naa....even the naysayers like the way it looks....its a back handed compliment....but a compliment none the less........:thumbsup:

yup, its the old if you can't say something nice, ...

81 - 94 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.