Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Hemi Orange with white rally stripes

27K views 93 replies 52 participants last post by  Dadstoy 
#1 ·
I have spent better than three months trying to figure out what color rally stripes I was gonna put on my RT....I came a hairs breath from ordering silver. Well white it is. I had taken some pics at white sand Nat'l park and decided I liked the HO and white. My personal feeling is that black is overdone and far to common. No offense intended. I know some here don't like rally stripes or stripes of any kind.....I DO. I really like the looks of the 392 stripes....here's mine

See less See more
Reactions: Scat-Daddy
#23 ·
I have the bright red and I'm thinking about having pearl white stripes painted on my car. I'm getting the painted stripes, as I don't really like the tape on a car. Jimmy Defew from "1ofdefew" will do the painting. Check out his web site. (1ofdefew.com)
Red with white stripes will look awesome. Do it.....:thumbsup:

#4 ·
Badass ride bro! :bigthumb:

#5 ·
looks awesome...i dont think you should be coping the 392 when you have an RT though...id stick w/ white side RT stripes instead

if it was me i wouldnt do it.....i see it the same as putting 392HEMI on the quarters

i know you wont be happy with my opinion, but i dont believe in making a RT look like a 392

#12 ·
You're entitled to your opinion, but come on. Stripes are stripes. I've seen this same stripe scheme on numerous Mustangs and Camaros.

Do you honestly believe that since Chrysler put these stripes on an SRT that they have the exclusive rights to it?

To me, a stripe pattern/scheme says no more about what kind of car it is than the color of the car.

To the OP, when I first read "white on orange" I thought OMG I'm going to hate this. I was wrong. It looks really good.

#6 ·
I am not a huge fan of the stripes going down the bumpers. But, again, personal preference. As many people have stated on this forum (and I agree) you do what you want to your car and if you are happy with it that is ALL that matters.

Enjoy!

I think it is cool these type of cars are back in production and people are personalizing them. Back to what cars are meant to be... FUN!

The nice thing about the way they styled the Challenger is there are so many changes you can make to this car appearance wise.

#7 ·
I'm not a fan of the white R/T side stripes on HO, but those rally stripes look really good!! :thumbsup: but I also REALLY love Rally stripes on this car period!
With all the striping options, i don't see one stripe package 'belonging' to any specific car so long as it doesn't call out the trim level in the stripe. I wanted full nose to tail rally stripes before I ever laid eyes on a 392.

#9 ·
those stripes are an exact copy of the 2011 392SRT stripes.. you cant get them on a stock RT....he is trying to make is 2010 RT look like a 2011 SRT.....99% of the people who see him drive by will think its a SRT392....might as well get the IE rims & the front spoiler to complete the look

it looks awesome....but that doesnt make it 100% right to do...its your car, do what you want...just realize you may get some criticism for it....those stripes are the main appearance difference between 2010 and the 2011 392 model...its not a minor thing...

hey, i wish they made HO in 2011 Srt's and i wish they had a white stripe option....the combo looks good

#14 ·
That combination is AWESOME. HO really would have worked with those stripes better than any 2011 color, at least to me. Even black stripes would be amazing.

Who cares about criticism, enjoy your car the way you want not how some people think you should even if that makes you a copycat to some.

Those kind of stripes have been around a long time and are mostly linked to Shelbys so in a way, even the real 392 SRT are copycats.

And if someone ever recognizes the SRT 392 stripes and makes a big deal about them being on a R/T, tell them that they should also know that HO wasn't available in 2011, the inaugural year for those stripes on SRT 392 Challengers.

#15 ·
Definitely! White and Orange was the way to go on this one. Great choice and it looks awesome!

#19 ·
Exactly! Stripes are stripes and shouldn't be exclusive to any one car. This is in NO WAY the same as, say, putting 'Brembo' stickers on non-brembo calipers or putting a '392' badge on a 5.7L Hemi. This car looks sick....in a good way! :thumbsup:

Reactions: Scat-Daddy
#18 ·
Looks really good. I like it alot. :thumbsup:

That color combo re-surfaced in the 90's with the Camaro SS package. They had an orange car with white stripes and a white one with orange stripes. Both looked great. Stripes were slightly different though.

I was curious. In one of the pictures, it looks like the stripes sort of "V" towards the front and get wider as it goes over the top of the car. Does it really? Or is that just a visual thing from the angle of photo? Also, what type and size of wheels? Those look equally as good.

#21 · (Edited)
Looks really good. I like it alot. :thumbsup:

That color combo re-surfaced in the 90's with the Camaro SS package. They had an orange car with white stripes and a white one with orange stripes. Both looked great. Stripes were slightly different though.

I was curious. In one of the pictures, it looks like the stripes sort of "V" towards the front and get wider as it goes over the top of the car. Does it really? Or is that just a visual thing from the angle of photo? Also, what type and size of wheels? Those look equally as good.
Thanks nolimits76....Ya I noticed that too.... but no.... its just a visual thing.... the stripes are the same width throughout. The wheels are Foose "Legends" 22's

#30 ·
I am not a big fan of the white strips on a HEMI orange.
However it looks tons better than white on orange Camaro
As long as you like that's what matters.

#45 ·
Actually Val The white side stripes on black looks awesome IMHO. I really really like the black with white or silver side stripes. I'm with you if you did the rally stripes and had the side stripes it might be a little overkill. BUT.... If you decide to do a stripe delete on those side stripes...... the silver or white rally stripes are just killer on the black.

#46 ·
Thanks robo5555....to tell everyone the truth I wasn't trying to copy huggytree's 392......I was trying to copy robo5555's......LOL :liar: :bigthumb: :thumbsup: :smokin:

#52 ·
No...... I had a local tint and trim shop install them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.