Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RS has mentioned on this forum that there will be changes for the SXT model and some interpreted that as there being a v-6 Challenger R/T... Unless this 2014 Auto Show sign is a misprint, it appears that the base 5.7 Hemi V8 will be offered on the SXT, or at least if you want a Shaker car. Take a look at 18 sec in and 22 sec in on this video and pause to read the sign. Interesting!

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Resume Speed did say there would be a Hemi SXT.

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
The sign says the Shaker is available in the SXT Plus and the R/T, I don't see it say the hemi is in both. Once the Hemi would be in the SXT wouldn't it then become an R/T?

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
hmmm the ensuing identity crisis I see happening should be interesting

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
The sign says the Shaker is available in the SXT Plus and the R/T, I don't see it say the hemi is in both. Once the Hemi would be in the SXT wouldn't it then become an R/T?
or that base R/Ts are now SXT's :scared:

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I just think we need a GT version. :weed:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
yea, but it does specifically say the "Shaker" is mounted to the "Hemi" not the hood.. I have found Dodge
to be very vague and double talk in advertising in the past when I researching to buy mine. who knows what
will actually be available.

one thing about looking at the Header Orange example in the video, probably just because it's a a car show but the car looks lower than some pics I've seen, the wheels look like they are really out to the edges of the wheel
wells and the left exhaust tip is actually straight.. never seen a production car where the tips looked just right like this. :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
one thing about looking at the Header Orange example in the video, probably just because it's a a car show but the car looks lower than some pics I've seen, the wheels look like they are really out to the edges of the wheel
wells and the left exhaust tip is actually straight.. never seen a production car where the tips looked just right like this. :)
Mos def a pre-production car. Another thing that is "off" with that Header Orange Shaker car is the rear parking sensors. On the production models they are located in the crease/indention of the rear bumper (Which is correct on the Mopar '14 and 100th anniversary Challenger). But on this car they are located above the crease/indention.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Mos def a pre-production car. Another thing that is "off" with that Header Orange Shaker car is the rear parking sensors. On the production models they are located in the crease/indention of the rear bumper (Which is correct on the Mopar '14 and 100th anniversary Challenger). But on this car they are located above the crease/indention.

I didn't notice that, you're right.. and I'd swear those are Pirelli tires on the "Shaker".

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I does specifically state that the shaker is mounted to the top of the Hemi

·
Registered
387 Posts
In the old days you picked your model, then you picked your powertrain. I don't see what's wrong with it.

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
are you saying they were 275/40's on the rear? that's why they look big...

Yes. I've got 275/40s my self but don't stick out as much as those perillis did.
Either the perillis run wide vs my nittos or they may have used spacers. Don't know.
We all know they won't come stock with those tires. I assuming they did it for the show.
It looked good though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm wondering if the 375 HP Hemi will remain for the SXT Plus and higher HP versions will be available for the R/T. The apparent plan is for increased HP across the board for 2015...

1 - 20 of 49 Posts