Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Big thanks to Sean for sending me his 93 Tune for my stock 2012 SRT8.
Car feels 10x better. Wasn't impressed with the Diablo 91 and 93 canned tunes. They were sluggish and clumsy compared to his. Car is alive now.
Car shifts, performs and feels way more stout than stock. My lazy A5 feels like a performance transmission now. I don't know how much HP I gained but it definitely feels stronger.
He responds quickly and in two days I went from"meh" to thrilled.
Highly recommend his tuning capabilities - you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Yep, Sean has great tunes indeed. He did a 91 tune for my '10 R/T A5, and it was a strong runner.

Great guy to work with too.

Reactions: jgraham70

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
Had a Hemifever Tune on my Ram 1500, was very happy with it.

Reactions: jgraham70

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack
1,189 Posts
I used to run Hemifever tunes as well, definitely wakes the car up! I use Jay Greene now, his tunes are great as well. A custom tune is much better than the canned Diablo tunes, I never thought they were that great. The 392's typically pick up 20-25hp and the 5.7L's pick up a little more like 30hp, so I've heard from a few different tuners. Another big factor in changing how the car feels is the removal of torque management, which kills some of the power that would normally go to the wheels even in stock form.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
I used to run Hemifever tunes as well, definitely wakes the car up! I use Jay Greene now, his tunes are great as well. A custom tune is much better than the canned Diablo tunes, I never thought they were that great. The 392's typically pick up 20-25hp and the 5.7L's pick up a little more like 30hp, so I've heard from a few different tuners. Another big factor in changing how the car feels is the removal of torque management, which kills some of the power that would normally go to the wheels even in stock form.
Yep, the torque management change was substantial on my A5 5.7. It finally felt like a 400HP V8 should feel like.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts
Yep, Sean has great tunes indeed. He did a 91 tune for my '10 R/T A5, and it was a strong runner.

You didn't by chance keep that tune when the car left did you??

·
Registered
9,576 Posts

You didn't by chance keep that tune when the car left did you??
Well the handheld was in the trunk, and under water in the spare tire well. The tune was still installed as the tow company took her away.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts
Well the handheld was in the trunk, and under water in the spare tire well. The tune was still installed as the tow company took her away.

:crying:

·
Registered
9,576 Posts
Ol' Yeller was one heck of a car to me. There's days that I still shake my head about its' demise.

But, life goes on with a ton of good memories with it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Ol' Yeller was one heck of a car to me. There's days that I still shake my head about its' demise.

Another one taken from us before its time.

Maybe it's still rolling around some place after some Polish importer bought it off auction and sold it off to some poor sod in the UK.

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,265 Posts

She was a sexy beast who had a sad end for sure. I'm still rolling up miles on mine... 150k.

·
Registered
9,576 Posts

She was a sexy beast who had a sad end for sure. I'm still rolling up miles on mine... 150k.
Thanks and I envy you. Keep racking up the (s)miles on yours.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Im interested if anyone has tuned their 6 speed with hemi fever or jay greene. Everywhere i read, the torque mngmnt and trans tuning is key....

Am i getting shorted by getting a custom tune on my 6 speed?

·
Registered
2013 SRT8
1,037 Posts
Im interested if anyone has tuned their 6 speed with hemi fever or jay greene. Everywhere i read, the torque mngmnt and trans tuning is key....

Same question here...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: trippytro

·
Premium Member
653 Posts

I have a hemifever tune on my 2012 R/T 6sp and it's well worth the price. We still have torque management on the manuals and we can "tune" the trans with a Barton shifter. :) Go for it, I don't know if it actually gives us 30hp (doubt it), but it makes driving much more fun. My guess is it's more like a 10 - 15hp gain, but the butt dyno loves the new torque management config.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts