Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted it wasn't in either of my Challengers.

I was driving DodgeTony's 2011 Mustang GT 5.0. He let me make a pass in his car Saturday at Tri-State Dragway in Cincinnati.

I wanted to see if I could make a 12 sec run. The fastest I have ever driven on the track is 13.10.

Did a small burnout. Ran 1.87 60', 11.888 @ 117.30 mph. The car spun the tires all the way thru 1st & 2nd gear. Then it hooked and the car took off like a rocket. I had butterflies in my stomach and my heart was racing. It was an amazing run and when I got the time slip I couldn't believe it 11.88. Neither my husband, Tony and 2 other guys could believe the time when it went up on the board.

Tony was running 11.70's at 120 mph, so I was really proud of myself.

BTW, we let Tony drive our SRT auto and it ran 12.82 for him and we couldn't get out of the 13.20's.

And I will not be trading in my V6 for a Mustang.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Excelent driving job!

Re his time in your SRT I have always maintained that my SRT is a 12 second car trapped in a 13 second body (me).......:lol:

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excelent driving job!

Re his time in your SRT I have always maintained that my SRT is a 12 second car trapped in a 13 second body (me).......:lol:
That is funny.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I saw this thread and thought to myself, "What the hell did she do to that SE?" lol

Nice time. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Great run! Not sure which is more impressive, breaking into the elevens or staying within a tenth or so of DodgeTony in his ride - he always gets great times out of whatever he is driving. You are burning up the track!!!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
It was a great time racing with Ken and Bobbi. Their SRT is an easy 12.7 car in it's almost stock form. Just getting the launch nailed is all you need. With a couple more passes I am sure it could easily be done.

The air was great but the track personel's idea of track prep was using a leaf blower every now and then. We pretty much had our run of the place since everyone left once they seen all the cars spinning all over.

I had no problem letting Bobbi run my car. I was pretty sure she would run 11's since it was running 11.70's with me driving and spinning through 1st and 2nd gear. I knew if she stayed in it it would run the same for her.

Next week we are hitting a better track. I am sure we will see some better numbers yet.

·
Registered
585 Posts
great story, you obviously got your game in order

1 - 12 of 12 Posts