Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Expecting delivery on a new 392 next week and have been in contact with a Hennessey performance shop in Wantagh NY.....while the tune is not ready yet for the 6.4, I have decided to go with their 500 hp package.....Diablo, cold air induction, Corsa extreme, long tubes, 180 therm ( includes 12 month warranty).

Any concerns? anyone have a similiar package on the 6.1 ?

·
Registered
416 Posts
IMO, WAIT! Wait until there's a tuner, wait until other companies start coming online with their products because you're spending more to be first! If you decide to still go with Hennessey, then do it, but I'd suggest waiting... patience... patience... patience.

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
I have an HPE600 and love what they did to my SRT.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Not a fan of how Corsa sounds personally. 500hp also seems like a minor increase to me. Is that at the crank or the wheel? I'd say drive it first. Unless you are extremely jaded I think you'll be entertained by the stock 392 while the tuners get developed and packages get competitive. Loving mine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a fan of how Corsa sounds personally. 500hp also seems like a minor increase to me. Is that at the crank or the wheel? I'd say drive it first. Unless you are extremely jaded I think you'll be entertained by the stock 392 while the tuners get developed and packages get competitive. Loving mine.
thanks, meant to say 550 hp vs 500 gross before drivetrain loss etc.....just put my first 100 miles on her today....still breaking it in, but can feel that it is already plenty fast, although the exhaust needs to be louder for my taste, so the Corsa extreme will definitely be on the short list !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts