·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reactions: Bad daytona

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Well, an optioned 2014 GT500 will cost almost $70 grand, less any taxes and fees. And Ford doesn't seem to have a problem selling them.

I do like that Challenger rendering shown on the link. I see a few Viper styling marks with the hood scoop and adjacent openings and the openings on the lower front fascia.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Can you imagine what the insurance is going to cost on one of these? The Challenger/Charger is already on the top of the "most stolen" list that insurance companies maintain and as a result they are some of the most expensive cars in the segment to insure as it is. Tell them that you're packing a supercharger and 650 horsepower and the car cost you $70K and watch your premiums take a ride to the moon.

This is a car for those with really deep pockets. NFL players will buy them.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you imagine what the insurance is going to cost on one of these? The Challenger/Charger is already on the top of the "most stolen" list that insurance companies maintain and as a result they are some of the most expensive cars in the segment to insure as it is. Tell them that you're packing a supercharger and 650 horsepower and the car cost you $70K and watch your premiums take a ride to the moon.

This is a car for those with really deep pockets. NFL players will buy them.

There is a market... small... but profitable. 99% of these cars won't see much road time I suspect.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
...and as a result they are some of the most expensive cars in the segment to insure as it is. Tell them that you're packing a supercharger and 650 horsepower and the car cost you $70K and watch your premiums take a ride to the moon.
Most insurance companies can care less how much HP a car has - that is a general misconception. But they do care about where the car will reside (Urban vs. Rural), Crash test scores, age, driving record, intended use, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
profitability comes with numbers, selling a few cars means nothing, selling 30 or 40k, thats a different situation, i'll bet i can take a 38k loaded r/t and make it outrun it for a lot less money
luke

Very true Luke... and if they continue to sell the Challenger in the 45,000 or so number of units and sell another 1,000 of these that just spreads to costs across more volume... and helps Chrysler keep the HP wars up with Ford and GM. Plus a lot of the Hellcat costs will be spread over the Charger as well. Who knows what else in the not so distant future they have planned for this engine.

·
Vendor
12,553 Posts
please dont misunderstand me, im not a pessimis, but much too often Chrysler doesnt carry thru, i want to see and drive one of these as bad as the next die hard Mopar fan, just not going to believe it or get too excited about it until the thing is sitting on the service drive
Luke

·
Registered
247 Posts
As per the NAIAS ...
I believe it will be there ...I never said "IT WILL BE THERE" !

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
GT500's, Z28's and Hellcat Challengers....

...are made for 3 reasons.

1. They create hype and bragging rights. The Mustang guys feel proud that the "Top Dog" is on "their Team." This hype/press exposure increases sales throughout the entire model line.

2. They get huge dealer markup's, and become Garage Queen Collector cars.

3. A few guys drive them. I have a friend who uses a GT 500 daily.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My exact post on Allpar -
"I'm hoping they tip their hand at NAIAS,
700,000 people during the event
Press from 100+ countries
Cast a cloud over the Mustang (it might even pee it's stall !)"
I do not have any knowledge of it coming , only a "gut" feeling ...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Yeah $70K seems a bit excesses when we can supercharge a core for much less than $50K and have >650HP. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing.
That is the dilemma a lot of us on here will face.

But I'm positive that the Hellcat will be more than just slapping a supercharger on the motor and calling it a day.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
But I'm positive that the Hellcat will be more than just slapping a supercharger on the motor and calling it a day.
I agree! We've already seen photos of "test mules" equipped with 6 piston Brembos and better/wider wheels and tires. (Not to mention rumors of improved cooling and the use of hood mounted heat extractors)

Yeah, the 'Cuda/"Hellcat" will be a complete package.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
please dont misunderstand me, im not a pessimis, but much too often Chrysler doesnt carry thru, i want to see and drive one of these as bad as the next die hard Mopar fan, just not going to believe it or get too excited about it until the thing is sitting on the service drive
Luke
LOL.... If this becomes reality we expect pictures if one shows up at your dealership Luke!

1 - 20 of 188 Posts