Dodge Challenger Forum banner

181 - 188 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I'm guessing $15,000 above SRT sticker of approx $47,500. So let's say $62,500 give or take. Maybe 65 but no more. Just my guess.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
Dodge needs to realize although some people have stupid money, it doesn't mean they are stupid when spending it.
It really doesn't take a whole lot to get the faithful in any particular group to go elsewhere. Just make them feel taken advantage of or not appreciated.
Have you seen new cars prices lately? The grand Cherokee I picked up last month was 56k. The wrangler unlimited I picked up late last year was 41k (I wanted to be the first person to own a dragon jeep so I paid through the nose for the privilege). Top of the line ram pickups are running over 65k nowadays. So why worry about 45k for an srt car. In my mind these cars are going to start getting expensive in the years to come simply because performance costs money and mileage standards are going to keep going up which will just ratchet up the cost. Today my srt charger has a 1k gas guzzler tax. In a few years in may end up being 3k, who knows.

Corvettes, z-28s, and vipers can run 75k and up. My charger was 52k and it took a lot of effort to get them to budge even a little off of the sticker. I would expect dealers to be more stingy with hellcat powered cars, thats the price to pay. Or wait it out and buy it used when the depreciation has knocked it down a few notches.

If you ask me, I think Chrysler vehicles are downright cheap when new. The thing that surprised me was the quality was actually pretty good for what you pay. If that was not the case then I would not have bought 6 chrysler vehicles over the last 3 years.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
WXman my insurance on my 2011 SRT is less than $400 for 6 months. I have a $100 collision ded and zero for comp claims. My wifes 2010 v6 Stang has a higher premium. For a 40-45k car I have no problems w/my rates. Many times the rates are dependent on where someone lives.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Glad to see it finally coming.
they will be limited for sure...especially if they keep the price 75k+.
My insurance doubled on the gt500. They consider the gt500 a sports car and the challenger with the 392 wasn't... I don't know....

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Funny how that works...

Glad to see it finally coming.
they will be limited for sure...especially if they keep the price 75k+.
My insurance doubled on the gt500. They consider the gt500 a sports car and the challenger with the 392 wasn't... I don't know....
My insurance on the SRT costs $4 more per month than my VW GTI.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
T-21 (or so...) days and counting.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Personally I hope they actually produce a truly limited sublime car!
To date not a single "LTD Edition" has been "all that" nor hard to come by if you really wanted one.

181 - 188 of 188 Posts