Dodge Challenger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
My car with magnaflow, and members here using zoomers, corsa or flowmaster sound better than that clip.
I don't hear the growl in that. Hey, whoever wants to buy one enjoy it. I'll take the extra that cost over mine and buy another car for my kid so I see a value.

·
Super Moderator
13,708 Posts
Rumored price is $80,000. At that price, I suspect that they will be snatched up by collectors and most won't even see the light of day.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Can you imagine what the insurance is going to cost on one of these? The Challenger/Charger is already on the top of the "most stolen" list that insurance companies maintain and as a result they are some of the most expensive cars in the segment to insure as it is. Tell them that you're packing a supercharger and 650 horsepower and the car cost you $70K and watch your premiums take a ride to the moon.

This is a car for those with really deep pockets. NFL players will buy them.
I guess it would depend more on driving history: tickets, accidents, age and overall duration of policy with a particular company...if you have a pristine driving record sure I it'll go up a few bucks but not to the moon....IMO most NFL players worth their salt probably wouldn't look twice at a dodge when they have the means for exotics

·
Registered
133 Posts
that's just to much ! $80,000.00
Price a Supercharged Caddy. Price a Supercharged Camaro. Price a Supercharged Mustang. Heck... Price a Nissan GT-R while your shopping apples and oranges.

You guys talk about adding all this stuff aftermarket to a car to make it faster... and yet, SRT is going to provide everything from the Factory with a Warranty. What more could you want????
:dunno:

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
$80k Huh???? Geez! I traded in my '11 Challenger SRT8 hoping to beat the resale markdowns when the new body style arrives. I'll be without a Challenger for longer than I thought... Dang It! Oh well, I guess I'll have to hold on to this Viper for awhile...

·
Premium Member
9,213 Posts
It would be wise for Dodge to price it slightly LOWER than the GT 500 and draw customers away from the Mustang.
I still don't believe this car is coming.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Price a Supercharged Caddy. Price a Supercharged Camaro. Price a Supercharged Mustang. Heck... Price a Nissan GT-R while your shopping apples and oranges.

You guys talk about adding all this stuff aftermarket to a car to make it faster... and yet, SRT is going to provide everything from the Factory with a Warranty. What more could you want????
:dunno:
A competitive price?

GT-500 = $55,999
Camaro ZL1 = $54,999
Cadillac CTS-V = $64,999

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Rumored price is $80,000.
Cancel my order! Instead I'll take a Stingray, two hookers and a weekend in Vegas. :ladysman:

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
People will buy it...

At $80K who on here would still consider it?

Nick C.
1. Rich car collectors will buy it. 2. People who like the look of Challengers (basically a slightly wealthy SRT owner) 3. People who are not into Vettes/Vipers will buy it.

If you gave me a Vette, I'd sell it and buy a Challenger. I won't buy the Hellcat, but others with deeper pockets will. They won't need to sell many. It's being developed for "hype," and media attention. It will cause others to buy lower priced models.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
141 - 160 of 188 Posts