Dodge Challenger Forum banner

161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would be game if it is 650HP or more.............

I would think for that kind of price tag there should be some unique styling cues............ side pipes shaker maybe ???

:redcap:

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
If jumping conclusions was an olympic sport,many of us would be going for gold!

What does anyone know about,options,horsepower,dimensions,not even the tire size.
How in the world can anyone come up with the price?
It's not an impossibility,nothing is,but geez!

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Seriously??? Side bet?
It's like the boy who cried wolf, after a while you become indifferent.
All they need to do to keep the faithful happy is throw em a bone, give them sublime paint. If they are waiting to use that color on a superpriced and supercharged model they may as well tell the average buyer to go F OFF.
I appreciate all the info that you share here but how long can they keep the waiting game going?

·
Premium Member
1,319 Posts
I would be game if it is 650HP or more.............

I would think for that kind of price tag there should be some unique styling cues............ side pipes shaker maybe ???

:redcap:
you can get that kind of power now for less. i am assuming you are talking at the crank which is how they advertise in the first place.

factory warranty blah blah blah. they will probably use the same vendors we already use... no difference except maybe 20k in price if it is 80k lol

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
It's like the boy who cried wolf, after a while you become indifferent.
All they need to do to keep the faithful happy is throw em a bone, give them sublime paint. If they are waiting to use that color on a superpriced and supercharged model they may as well tell the average buyer to go F OFF.
I appreciate all the info that you share here but how long can they keep the waiting game going?
The waiting game ends the weekend of March 22, 2014, at SpringFest 2014.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
There would be serious up charging if it comes to $80,000 because there's no way they can say there's $80,000 worth of parts.

The premium would be paying for the namesake if anything; so if it is, it better be good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
If they price it at 80 I'd be out, quite simply the extra hp isn't worth double the price of my existing challenger, already have the ride quality i want, and the shape, and the color, just want the power, and for this price I can get me a built 426 or 440, supercharge it, then have it installed in my existing car. Matching numbers motors on this car do not matter to me. I'd love to own one, but it aint gonna happen much over 65 for me. Soon I'll be driving my 69 charger r/t se again so doubt i'll need a 4th car to toy with.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just don't see the market for a 80K Challenger or a 75K Z28..............who is the market?

My friends and I are the last of the baby boomers, when we were in high school in 79,80,81,82 we owned and drove 1970 Challengers, Chevelle's, Mustangs, Road Runners, we are a large part of the Challenger buyers now.
We are not going to spend 80K on a factory muscle car...................we might buy one for 30-40 and modify it, but no 80K factory hot rod

Why not a 14 Stingray 1LT for $53?

I am with Nick C., you can build an incredible pro touring Challenger with much more character than a HellCat, surely the factory is going to use the same vendors as always............not "special" or fast enough to justify 80K

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I just don't see the market for a 80K Challenger or a 75K Z28..............who is the market?

My friends and I are the last of the baby boomers, when we were in high school in 79,80,81,82 we owned and drove 1970 Challengers, Chevelle's, Mustangs, Road Runners, we are a large part of the Challenger buyers now.
We are not going to spend 80K on a factory muscle car...................we might buy one for 30-40 and modify it, but no 80K factory hot rod

Why not a 14 Stingray 1LT for $53?

I am with Nick C., you can build an incredible pro touring Challenger with much more character than a HellCat, surely the factory is going to use the same vendors as always............not "special" or fast enough to justify 80K
I agree with the price concern especially if the Hellcat is an "upgrade" package on top of the base price of the Challenger. As a comparison, the 2014 GT500 with the Track Package (essentially all the bells and whistles that an SRT has) is roughly $58,500 so the price point for the Hellcat will be very interesting to see.

·
Supporting Vendors
1,246 Posts
I agree with the price concern especially if the Hellcat is an "upgrade" package on top of the base price of the Challenger. As a comparison, the 2014 GT500 with the Track Package (essentially all the bells and whistles that an SRT has) is roughly $58,500 so the price point for the Hellcat will be very interesting to see.
Plus the 2013+ GT500 comes stock with 662 HP. Even at $60K, you can put another $10K into it and have over 800HP.

It's not as refined or as comfortable as a Challenger, but it's a real monster after a few subtle mods

Nick C.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Dodge needs to realize although some people have stupid money, it doesn't mean they are stupid when spending it.
It really doesn't take a whole lot to get the faithful in any particular group to go elsewhere. Just make them feel taken advantage of or not appreciated.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
it will be like everything else in life.. there will be the few that buy it.. and the rest wont.. you either pay or not.. pretty simple.. do i agree the price is high. . it is a dodge common you know it is to high lol.. but it is what it is..

My hope though is if this unicorn does finally shine light someday they upgrade stuff ( interior suspension ect ) to justify that kind of money.. because if they don't that 53grand vette looks better all the time

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
One thing to consider is that the GT500s were not going out the door at sticker. These cars had dealer mark-ups that were $20-30 grand above sticker. I know, I saw these cars in my local dealership show rooms. That may have dropped after they were out for a while but I saw some going for close to $90,000! Personally, I think the SRT Challengers are overpriced (not trying to start an argument with the SRT folks) when you see cars in the $50K+ range for a performance "Dodge" sedan. I would think that $65-68K would be an appropriate price for the Hellcat based on what we know about the car and how SRT8s are priced today. People will buy them, that you can count on.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
One thing to consider is that the GT500s were not going out the door at sticker. These cars had dealer mark-ups that were $20-30 grand above sticker. I know, I saw these cars in my local dealership show rooms. That may have dropped after they were out for a while but I saw some going for close to $90,000! Personally, I think the SRT Challengers are overpriced (not trying to start an argument with the SRT folks) when you see cars in the $50K+ range for a performance "Dodge" sedan. I would think that $65-68K would be an appropriate price for the Hellcat based on what we know about the car and how SRT8s are priced today. People will buy them, that you can count on.

Yes, but there probably won't be more then one in every town if that, unlike now

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

161 - 180 of 188 Posts