Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do one keep those pesky bugs and other debris from getting into the headlight intake? Is there a filter inside the tube that keeps things clean for the supercharger? I'm really asking because its one of the first things I thought about being from san Antonio and surviving butterfly season.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's got an air filter box. I was wondering about water getting in...if air can get in the. So can water.

·
Banned
5,785 Posts
Not going to get enough water in there to make a difference, unless you try to cross a stream!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
...or birds getting sucked in like a jet engine

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
The CAI box is open on the bottom, you could pour a 5 gallon bucket of water in it and it would just run out the bottom. And it could snort a bird in that parking lamp hole and all it would do is hit the filter in the airbox.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured there has to be something blocking objects from getting supercharged. I just haven't seen much on the headlight intake other than people saying its there. I hope Mopar comes out with a system for the others so I can modify it onto my 392 scat pack :).

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
pssst. whats the expected gas mileage estimates? Haven't seen those yet. Not that any of us really care that much about that, but its another question about the hc I haven't seen.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I heard 22 MPG highway

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
22 highway would be acceptable, its what I average with my RT auto. Not sure I want to go down to 10 in the city, I would expect crappy numbers while making any type of runs with it. I'm used to watching the gauge drop fast if flooring the 440 in the old car.

I get to deal with lovebugs here in florida, I've never even seen one stuck on the air filter of mine, with an open TA hood, would have to run thru a sustained swarm to get a few in the intake.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Challenger 392
1,536 Posts
So far word is HC gets 14/21 auto... and likely 13/19 manual since the Gas Guzzler tax is higher on the manual...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.