Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

i boxed in my car with 2" styrofoam....its in 2 pieces so i can pull it apart to get the car in and out...im also using a car cover

total cost was $230 and it took 3 hours

i have 3 kids under 6....im storing scooters and bikes in the garage, so it was the only way i can protect the car....a friend even said to put the styrofoam over the top too, but i want the moisture to rise

anyone else this extreme?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Lol...wow that is cool!! You're not playing around. I would probably do the same thing if I had three kids under 6. I don't think it's extreme at all. It's a lot cheaper than paying for door ding and paint repairs.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm not quite that extreme, but then again I don't have young kids. Probably a good idea on your part.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Don't ask me about protecting the car... I need to just key it myself so I don't care what else happens to it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
lol! That's awesome. Now if you made a roof on top of the perimeter walls your 392 could have it's very own fort!

Good job on the safety barrier! :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way... I took all the tools off the wall of my mom's garage... She and I live in earthquake territory and it would be bad news if tools fell off the wall and hit vehicle.

·
Registered
653 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
I used swimming pool safety fence. A little hard to see but the car is covered on the right side of the fence. I isolated the entire side of the garage with the fence and the only thing over there is a cabinet with detailing supplies and a hose. I just open one section and climb in and back her out. If I need the whole garage I just pull the posts and roll it up. The two sections cost about $200 total and they are pretty strong I hit it with the corner of my plow pretty good and it held up great didn't even rip.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thats great. I have 2 garages, mine will sit in the 2nd garage w/the cuda and I'm the only one that has the key. The wifey doesn't even have access to it. Lol
My wife wants al the yard tools and mowers in the 2nd garage because her Mustang is in the front garage :notallthere:, won't happen. Guess I have to get a storage shed too in order to keep the peace.

·
Registered
211 Posts
WOW! That's intense but makes sense. Nice work! I immediately thought of my own recent creation to protect the driver side door. Found a Deep Water Blue-like yoga mat, some outdoor chair cushions for extra protection (not yet inserted behind the mat when I took this pic) and some masonry anchors and washers. Problem solved ! As far as the little ones, I'm using FEAR :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
Pretty clever idea but I don't know? Kids these days are a lot sharper than when I was growing up. Most get their ideas from watching action hero cartoons. What would Spiderman Jr. do?

He would hang onto the garage door and have little sister hit the opener. Once up - he'd drop down onto the roof.

Yep, you're gonna need some kind of net on top for sure :)

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Electric "fence" would work. One zap, no harm, just a pair of wet pants, and I bet they would stay away.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I used swimming pool safety fence. A little hard to see but the car is covered on the right side of the fence. I isolated the entire side of the garage with the fence and the only thing over there is a cabinet with detailing supplies and a hose. I just open one section and climb in and back her out. If I need the whole garage I just pull the posts and roll it up. The two sections cost about $200 total and they are pretty strong I hit it with the corner of my plow pretty good and it held up great didn't even rip.
very similar idea.....can you electrify it?

part of my problem is the wife pulling in and out next to my IE...she was nervous....it helps her too...there's about a 6"-12" free space, so she can hit the foam and not the car.....she was afraid to pull her car in next to my IE the first night.....

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
She would hang onto the garage door and have little brother hit the opener. Once up - she'd drop down onto the floor.

My kids tried this years ago with the garage door. She got a nice little scar on it her chin now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts