Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I've got another conundrum that can only be solved by the infinite wisdom that is The Talk! But first let me setup my little tale...

It all began Monday morning when a green smelly iron giant (a.k.a. A trash truck) wanged my front passenger corner. My baby gets towed to the dealer and the next morning the claim adjuster inspects my car and cuts the dealer a check. He calls to inform me that he did his thing and there is almost $6000 in damage. After expressing my disbelief, he told me that my HID headlights are very expensive to replace.

Now that's all fine and dandy but I had halogen lights and I put in a cheap HID conversion kit on her so I told him that put them in aftermarket so just put in a halogen light assembly and I'll replace it later.

Now Wednesday rolls around and I get the repair damage report emailed to me and it says they are installing a new MOPAR HID projector headlight assembly! Sounds good right?

But herein lies my conundrum, if they put a projector light on my car I will have one halogen assembly and one projector assembly. So what I'm asking is what should I do? Should I drop another $850 bucks for another projector assembly or pull the one I have an trade it for a halogen one? Any and all thoughts appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Sounds like they can't tell what is in the car to begin with. I would tell them of the mistake and get the right light installed. You could maybe make a little profit off the light for someone looking for just the one. It might take a while to unload.

Good luck on what ever you do and sorry about the damaged you had.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Where I am, if the accident is not my fault, I can take it to whatever body shop I want to.

Make a deal with the repair facility. They have a line with suppliers and auto recyclers. They want the 6G in repairs? See if they can throw them in. Or you can always go across to the next shop that doesn't have as high of a labor rate, and let them have 6G to play with.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My agent already cut the dealer a check and the dealer started repair work earlier today so I can't take it anywhere else now. I might try to get the dealer to change out the driver side headlight assembly as well but I dont know if my insurance will cover that. I could try to get the dealer to convince my insurance that it was damaged but I don't see that happening. I'm thinking of calling the dealer and having them put in a new halogen assembly instead and pocket the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts