Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a lot of pm's so I'll just post up instead of answering individually..

Look, if you're concerned about the dealer voiding your warranty for a PCM that has been cracked by a hand held tuner, use an interceptor harness or use a 2nd PCM but be sure to have the mileage matched before you bring it in, until your factory is up.

If its after your warranty use what you like....

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Why would anyone be concerned about this?

Please find me one single instance of a customer reporting his warranty was voided for using one of our tuners. This is not new to us.
We have been tuning Chrysler PCMs for years.
We were the FIRST to get into the GPEC2, and we know it inside out, and we leave no trace of having been there. Until you spend some time reverse engineering the PCM and developing code to read and write it, I do not see how you are qualified to tell anyone what will or will not void the warranty, or what the dealership can or cannot see.

Fact:
If you go in for service work, and half the sensors under your hood are plugged into some black box, you'll likely have some questions to answer, and they'll have something to openly blame if you ever have an issue in the future.

Ask any calibration engineer, if they were going to change the way a vehicle behaved, if they'd recalibrate the PCM, or use a bunch of resistors to change signals going to the PCM to trick it into doing what they want.
After a few 1980 references, they'll tell you that recalibrating is the only proper option.

If you are so in love with this inline device, you ought to become a sponsor and push it. Or ask the manufacturer to...

Thanks

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Why would anyone be concerned about this?

Please find me one single instance of a customer reporting his warranty was voided for using one of our tuners. This is not new to us.
We have been tuning Chrysler PCMs for years.
We were the FIRST to get into the GPEC2, and we know it inside out, and we leave no trace of having been there. Until you spend some time reverse engineering the PCM and developing code to read and write it, I do not see how you are qualified to tell anyone what will or will not void the warranty, or what the dealership can or cannot see.

Fact:
If you go in for service work, and half the sensors under your hood are plugged into some black box, you'll likely have some questions to answer, and they'll have something to openly blame if you ever have an issue in the future.

Ask any calibration engineer, if they were going to change the way a vehicle behaved, if they'd recalibrate the PCM, or use a bunch of resistors to change signals going to the PCM to trick it into doing what they want.
After a few 1980 references, they'll tell you that recalibrating is the only proper option.

If you are so in love with this inline device, you ought to become a sponsor and push it. Or ask the manufacturer to...

Thanks
In short...a flash is a flash and take that crap box off of your car...LOL

But seriously, I didn't know you guys were still able to do this on the 2011+ GPEC2 PCM's. I knew there was no footprint left behind on the older PCM's but its damn cool to know there isn't one left on the new ones!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can tell the date, time & mileage a PCM was cracked.
And so can Chrysler....

Believe it or choose not to...

Reactions: 19johned53
1,931 Posts
I can tell the date, time & mileage a PCM was cracked.
And so can Chrysler....

Believe it or choose not to...
The sky is falling!! The sky is falling!!...LOL>.......as Mike asked, where are all the voids being posted??....

You have fallen for a marketing scheme....but if you think it works then it is as good as something that does work...enjoy!

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I'm very interested in hearing more about this as well. As an engineer I always base my decisions on facts and data. DiabloMike I have been researching nonstop about your products and have read nothing but good reviews about them, as well as your service...and am seriously leaning towards buying one of your products very soon (trying to figure out which one still). This is of course compounded by the number of years it appears you have been working in this industry.

Could YO-EL please state his qualifications behind his statements so those of us third party readers can make a better educated decision regarding what you are proposing? At this point your viewpoint is as valid as mine...my background with designing machines is quite extensive...my background with tuning HEMI's is nothing. Where are you coming from YO-EL? Are you a service tech who has scanned these cars and seen evidence of tampering? Do you work for Hypertech? Please inform us !

Reactions: DiabloMike

·
Registered
968 Posts
Where are you coming from YO-EL? Are you a service tech who has scanned these cars and seen evidence of tampering? Do you work for Hypertech? Please inform us !
more importantly, why are several people choosing to email him specifically? If I have questions I search this forum, rarely PM users for random questions.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know this is dodge...

But in the BMW world, we have the same real world issues, piggyback tuning versus Flash Tunes. Each have it's merits and draw backs. One popular tune was the Vishnu Piggyback system, it has evolved from it's primeval roots, but it at one point hooked directly up to the harness that went to the ecu. It was a pain in the ass removing it before service visits, and if you screwed it up, the dealer knew you messed with the wiring harness, and voided your warranty (yet it was a piggyback that left no traces in the ecu, but your phucking around with the wiring harness left all the tale tell signs of being tuned. They even went as far as putting colored glue on the side of the ecu protection box to see if it was tampered with. Moral is whether you use a piggyback system or flash if the dealer really wants to see what your doing they can and will find out, even if they have to send a file to corporate (when they started flashing N54's, N55's and N63's, dealers would send the rom read to BMW Corporate who would then dive in and see if a flash had been used, copied, etc and started to void warranty's without the owners even knowing).

As I and many others have said, if your afraid to modify and can't pay the price if you don't have a warranty then you shouldn't be modding to being with. Gotta Pay to Play

I don't really understand all the scare tactics from YO-EL about Diablo but i think it's unnecessary, people just have to understand that if you mod you run the risk of losing your warranty, no matter if it's a tune, an exhaust modification, suspension, etc... You run the risk of losing warranty on that specific part that was modified. I know full well that my exhaust warranty is pretty much toast at this point, due to the headers and the resonator replacement, and I don't have a problem with it. If the dealership voids the warranty on that specific part, so be it I can afford to fix an exhaust issue without warranty... If they void it due to my tune, I'll deal with the consequences, it's my decision to risk my warranty for the benefit that the tune and all the modifications make...

·
Vendor
12,555 Posts
if Chrysler or a dealer really wants to know, they/we can figure it out, easyer on some models than others, the hardest to figure out is the cummins.....however the number of flashes, mpg or mileage discrepancies are dead give aways.....
Luke

ps we usually dont worry about it, unless we have a serious concern or a repeat offender

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Thanks for commenting Luke.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
If "tampering" is a date, time and mileage of a flash that a dealer has not done then that is not proof of an aftermarket tune. Its just a flash that the dealer did not do. You need tell tale things to be able to prove an aftermarket flash. If Diablo does not leave the tell tale things behind then a flash is a flash period.......

·
Registered
610 Posts
why is people so concern about the warranty... they suck anyway.. when the car breaks 99% of the dealers will say WEAR AND TEAR... and the diablo tune will be the last of your problems.. lol I have taken my challenger to get the oil change and I had the trinity installed... the tech came out and told me man the car feels awesome im getting the same one for my charger r/t lol. In all honestly i dont think they give a damn also they will need to prove that because of that the car failed.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I love my trinity !!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
If "tampering" is a date, time and mileage of a flash that a dealer has not done then that is not proof of an aftermarket tune. Its just a flash that the dealer did not do. You need tell tale things to be able to prove an aftermarket flash. If Diablo does not leave the tell tale things behind then a flash is a flash period.......
THIS.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
610 Posts
Whats up Jay!!
zup mike!! the Tech at the dealer loved the throttle feel!! he was shock by how powerful it feels !! the car is a DREAM !!! :) makes me almost not want to swap the engine lol... maybe I should just go Supercharger on it.

Thank you for the tune is FREAKING AWESOME!!! :redblob::redblob:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
if Chrysler or a dealer really wants to know, they/we can figure it out, easyer on some models than others, the hardest to figure out is the cummins.....however the number of flashes, mpg or mileage discrepancies are dead give aways.....
Luke

ps we usually dont worry about it, unless we have a serious concern or a repeat offender

I'll just second what Luke states..
Never mind who I am or what I know. Just know I wouldn't lie.
The guys who disagree seem to think I was spewing BS, but you all know & trust Luke, so there must be merit to his aforementioned statement. I have nothing to gain by misleading anyone. Agree or disagree is up to you, as is the decision to mod your car or keep it stock, use a hand held tuner or a harness.. Its your car, do what works best for you..

1 - 20 of 46 Posts