Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the heritage wheels will not fit on an SRT8? I'm seriously looking into trading in my 13 R\T for a 2011 SRT8 but am really bummed at the prospect of losing my classic wheels. I know that the 392s are built for wider tires, etc, but aside from that, will they really not fit at all? Is it a space issue with the brembos? I've seen Alcoa wheels in RTs so I'm guessing it's not the lug pattern.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Clearance issues with the brembos for sure. All wheels have the same 5x115mm bolt pattern.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dumb question here: is there any way around it? I've heard of people using some kind of extensions for these kinds of issues...???

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
Spacers are not as safe as no spacers are. Trading down two years for an SRT? I'd personally keep the R/T.

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
If you can get the specs of the wheels..i.e offset and back spacing... you can check online what kind of fitment issues you'll have.
They won't clear the rotors, it's a known fact on this issue.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I take it the dealership will let you keep your old wheels? You could try to sell the heritage wheels to off set the cost of getting AR torq thursts that would work on either car.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
I think the R/T with the classic wheels is a beautiful car. When I see classic stripes on a SRT, it doesn't look right just like SRT stripes on an R/T. Each car has it's own identity and no one car is better than the other. If I could have found a stinger yellow 6 speed R/T Classice with a sunroof that would be in my garage and another $12,000 more in my bank account.
Maybe I'm alone in my thinking.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
2,043 Posts
I think the R/T with the classic wheels is a beautiful car. When I see classic stripes on a SRT, it doesn't look right just like SRT stripes on an R/T. Each car has it's own identity and no one car is better than the other. If I could have found a stinger yellow 6 speed R/T Classice with a sunroof that would be in my garage and another $12,000 more in my bank account.
Nope, you are not alone on that thought.. Remember, I use to own a YJ SRT as well. In fact when I get back from Korea I am prolly gonna buy (if they make it then) a 2016 R/T in yellow with Heritage II wheels and black R/T stripes.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Since the R/T Classic wheels won't fit (I'm assuming they also won't fit an R/T 392 Scat Pack since it comes with Brembo's as well), I've been looking at AR Torque Thrust wheels. I went to the American Racing Website, and it's showing 20x8.5 for a 2015 Challenger SRT...but I thought the SRT's came with 20x9 wheels?

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,064 Posts
You're not alone with your thinking, and that's why I cherish my 'lil old 2010 R/TC. Just makes me smile looking at it.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I agree with keeping the R/T but here is an example of me trying to make my SRT look more retro....I used the Torq Thrust M wheels. Yes the fronts are 8.5 and back is 10 running 245/45 and 295/40 tires. Very happy. Here's a comparison pic of the wheels vs. SRT black pocket wheels. I love them both and have a hard time deciding which I like better. I've always wished they would have made a SRT Classic Package so I sorta made my own.
On another note...man John, love the new stance on the yours. :eek:hyeah:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I agree with keeping the R/T but here is an example of me trying to make my SRT look more retro....I used the Torq Thrust M wheels. Yes the fronts are 8.5 and back is 10 running 245/45 and 295/40 tires. Very happy. Here's a comparison pic of the wheels vs. SRT black pocket wheels. I love them both and have a hard time deciding which I like better. I've always wished they would have made a SRT Classic Package so I sorta made my own.
On another note...man John, love the new stance on the yours. :eek:hyeah:
That's what I'm talking about (the Torque Thrust picture)...just screams "Old School Swagger". So you're running 20x8.5 up from and 20x10 in the back? Do they go right on, or did you have to use any type of spacer?

·
Registered
16,285 Posts
I went to the American Racing Website, and it's showing 20x8.5 for a 2015 Challenger SRT...but I thought the SRT's came with 20x9 wheels?
SRT wheels 20x9 with 25.5mm offset.
2015 SRT/Hellcat is 20x9.5 and 18.5mm offset.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Dumb question here: is there any way around it? I've heard of people using some kind of extensions for these kinds of issues...???
I had Heritage Classics on my SRT until I sold it, I had Hub Centric spacers made and never had one problem. If you need the spacers I will sell mine because I just bought a shaker R/T to replace my SRT.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
10,422 Posts
What is a "Centering Ring"? (Sorry, I'm an aftermarket wheel noob)
Your factory wheels fit exactly over the center hub and then bolt on to the car, placing the weight of the car on the hub and putting the wheels dead center. After market wheels have an oversized hole to fit multiple applications. A centering ring is made to fit the hub to the wheel removing any space that was there. Using no spacer puts all the weight on the lugs and there is a slight chance to get a little vibration from not being dead center.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts