Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I found you guys during tire search. Salesman told me when I bought car, that my rims were 20x9. Saw your recommendations for tires and picked Continentals DWS06 275/40/20.

They fit on back fine although during install Sears tech measured rim at 8.5. Which conflicts a bit with posts on here saying 8 only. I will measure fronts when i figure out what to do next.

They will not fit on front. Bind inside wall of tire with car in air. Sears tech recommended spacers. I am leaning towards going back to smaller 245s on front for staggered.

1. Any weird performance issues on hard cornering or autocross type with 275 back and 245 front?

2. Do you guys recommend spacers on fronts to use 275s so I can rotate?

Long term I may have to get wider rims or widen the heritage rims at Weldcraft?

1st picture is old 245s (yes bald as heck). Rest are 275s.

**I am also worried about those tires being too wide for rim and causing early wear or danger during hard cornering

Attachments

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Salesman told me when I bought car, that my rims were 20x9.

Never trust anything the salesman says. Assume he knows less than you and he's only versed in how to get you out the door with one of his products.

I wouldn't do any autocross or drag racing on those tires.

Spacers are always a bad idea.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Rim width is measured inside the bead lip of the rim. The Heritage rims are 8" wide, inside bead to inside bead. They will measure 8.5" or so outside to outside.

In my humble opinion, those 275's are too wide for the Heritage rim, but I know plenty of people run them. I ran 255-45-20 on my Challenger with the Heritage wheels.

Best wishes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
KenZ
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing