Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the question of what tire has been exhausted. I am just wondering If I can fit a 275/40/20 or a 275/45/20 all the way around on a Heritage Wheel. I am confident that either will fit the rear but not sure about the front. I was looking at the Nitto NT05 but they are out of stock everywhere and no idea when the next shipments are coming in, so my tire search continues. If anyone can help me on the cleareance issues with the above size tires on the front, I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I was under the impression that it would fit...guess not. Back to the drawing board again. I did look over that thread not a big fan of modding my wheels to fit a tire. I will just have to find one that I can live with and will fit. The stock tires just dont seem to fill the wells at all, granted I am setup on the stock suspension and may drop it in the future but thats just more money. Once again thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will the 265/50 fit up front and not rub on full lock or bumps etc. I really want to go all four corners with the same size to much of a pita to have two different sizes for my taste anyway. I did some further searching and everyone is saying the widest that can fit on a 8" wheel like the heritage is a 255. Ughh my search continues!! Thanks for the reply though I will look into that size as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chally...you know that tire is 30.5 inches in diameter right!! The stock tires are roughly 28.5 inches that is a big difference and I doubt it will fit up front. Thanks for looking out though. Would look good although I really would like all four the same if I can with some width all the way around.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep, There is a guy on this board with a B5 car, he has the 265 50's on the back and the stock 245's on the front with just the front lowered with SRT springs. The car looks great, I also seen it in person at Carlisa last year. I'll see if I ca find the pic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow now that I see it I really like it. Im going to have my tire shop do a mock up for me i think before I commit. Thanks for finding the pic it really helped. Maybe I will not worry about the four corners being the same. Very nice setup!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Nitto 420s, stock 245/45/20 front, 265/50/20 rear on stock suspension.
This is the look I was going for when I bought the car.
The rear tires are 2" taller.
You have to compensate for the height with a predator to keep the speedometer correct.

Brad

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice car Brad. Thanks for the pictures!! I think I am going to pull the trigger on the 265/50's it just looks awesome. Can I ask you if the car handles any different with the larger sidewall? Also if you get a chance could you take a picture from the back to front closer down the side of your car?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the nittos also, but think I'll go with The Goodyears just so I dont have to buy fronts. But yea, the 265 50's look great on the Heartage wheel

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I could not decide either what to put on my heritage rims since they are only 8".......I almost sent them off to be widened to 10" for rear. I ended up doing what Drinkcoke did on his B5 R/T and went with the 265/50 's on the rear. I also used the Nitto 420's. I only now have to drop the front end now. The tires handle great. I used the Predator also to adjust for speedometer. I added a recent picture for you from the rear of car.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts