Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many sales advertisement threads do we need. Yes you have a car to sell. A IE392 has landed!!! So what? It's not Columbia landing on the moon.

I hope you are not gouging the consumer again and spiking the price of the IE392. I would like to think that some of the consumers who got screwed for paying over 50K for the 2008's have smartened up.

Give the consumers a break this time huh!

Hey buyers. If you don't buy it, they won't inflat the price of it.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm pretty sure the threads you're referring to are started by enthusiasts that are just excited. After a quick check, I don't see a single "dealer" advertising. Just sayin'. :)

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
After talking to a couple of local dealers, I would be honestly surprised if they even know this site exists. LOL

I'm pretty sure the threads you're referring to are started by enthusiasts that are just excited. After a quick check, I don't see a single "dealer" advertising. Just sayin'. :)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
After talking to a couple of local dealers, I would be honestly surprised if they even know this site exists. LOL
That's the truth. :D

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does that mean if they don't know a site exists they don't mark up a vehicle? Sorry. Just don't understand your reverence to the initial post.

·
Registered
988 Posts
There maybe a "sales" type or two on the boards but most dealers could care less about these forums.

As far as paying over 50k for an 08, nobody twisted their arm. It's called, "Supply & Demand". I took a bath on a PT Cruiser because my wife & I WANTED one. But, we drove it for 9 years also.

Give the consumer a break, you jest. Saturn tried that! It's a big game of chicken... the guy the blinks first loses. You walked into the dealership and you can walk out. If sales are slow they will call you and if not they will sell it to someone else.

Remember you have something they want, $$$$$ and they have some they you WANT but don't necessarily NEED.

·
Banned
407 Posts
Does that mean if they don't know a site exists they don't mark up a vehicle? Sorry. Just don't understand your reverence to the initial post.
no that means if they don't know the site exists it gets extra tricky to post advertisments on the site...think about it, how many forums do you post on that you don't know exist

like others said...all the threads you see of 2011's showing up are from enthusiasts/owners posting their car or a car they found, usually with pics so people who havent seen them yet can see the new color/stripe combos.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,816 Posts
Ahhh Bevis, I hate to tell you this but.......Columbia didn't land on the moon, Eagle did LOL!:scratchhead:

·
Registered
988 Posts
I spent 3 years in Pearl Harbor.... Everything is 2x over the mainland.

You call it price gouging... it very well maybe be. But, how many Dodge dealerships are on Oahu? How many 2011's SRT8's are on the island? What is th cost to ship from the main land?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I spent 3 years in Pearl Harbor.... Everything is 2x over the mainland.

You call it price gouging... it very well maybe be. But, how many Dodge dealerships are on Oahu? How many 2011's SRT8's are on the island? What is th cost to ship from the main land?
then what do you call it when they're charging a 26% premium on top of the msrp? i understand supply and demand but 26%?:notallthere:
there are only 2 dealerships on oahu and the dealers have only started to receive 2011's now. the first IE's have come in and there's no "regular" srt8's yet. cost to ship to oahu from the west coast is roughly >$1000

·
Registered
988 Posts
Hey.... supply and demand is showing it's ugly head at it's best. I have at least 5 dealers within 30 mins of each other. If I drive another 30 mins I can 3x or even 4x that number. The number of 11's is some what limited and therefore the price around here is close to MSRP.

It's the price you pay for living in paradise....

OBTW - Anyone thinking of moving HI.... ask him about buying a house and owning the land it sits on.

·
Registered
364 Posts
so true about living here... thats the price... and you're right about the house and lot too... for the price i paid for my house, i could have purchased a lot more elsewhere... crazy stuff

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
So I guess that a 70 Hemi Challenger convertable couldn't be worth $400,000 because it only cost $4,000 in 1970. As all have stated it is supply and demand and the buyers ability to wheel and deal!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts