Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All------Just bought a 2017 Challenger T/A+ --- Destroyer Gray with all the Matte/Satin finishes--- OMG-- I love it! I'm a girl totally into Rock and Roll and Hot Cars-- Will need some advice from time to time. Glad I found the the group.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Phoenix member! Is that the 5.7L or 6.4L? Looks great either way! Just got my RT 5.7L last month, so I'm fairly new here too! Actually just put my first mods in this weekend.

Let me know if find any local groups/clubs/meets, I've been trying to look into this recently. See a few but not sure which are active or exactly when/where they meet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Appreciate the welcome. Its a 5.7--- the 6.4 would have landed me downtown, not in a good place. LOL. Will keep an eye out and let you know what I find------please do the same. Mine is sooo new, I'm still trying to figure out U-Connect and all the goodies inside. ** just realized I don't have a spare tire---- but have a rockin' Harmon Kardon system back there---- LOL

·
Registered
115 Posts
True, you may still get there in a 5.7L too ;) Sure thing! Guessing you have the larger 8.4" Uconnect then with that Harmon Kardon system? Mine just has the 7" Uconnect, which I've learned it quite lackluster. It's functional and looks way better than the 4" it replaced, just not much to do with it I'm finding vs the bigger 8.4" which I may be tempted to put in if I can free up $1500, ha ha! After a month I still haven't got use to where things like the clock, outside temp, and ac temp are yet, ha ha! You've found a good place to ask questions, plenty of helpful people have already answered my numerous questions on here so far, ha.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,273 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,086 Posts
Welcome from California ;) You hit all the high notes. Girl, into Rock and Roll, 2017 Challenger T/A+. Check, check, check :) If you love bacon, That's the whole shebang, lol.

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks! Appreciate the welcome. Its a 5.7--- the 6.4 would have landed me downtown, not in a good place. LOL. Will keep an eye out and let you know what I find------please do the same. Mine is sooo new, I'm still trying to figure out U-Connect and all the goodies inside. ** just realized I don't have a spare tire---- but have a rockin' Harmon Kardon system back there---- LOL

Congratulations and welcome to the forum! Killer looking car. I had the same surprise when I opened my trunk..........
that ain't a spare! LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
True, you may still get there in a 5.7L too ;) Sure thing! Guessing you have the larger 8.4" Uconnect then with that Harmon Kardon system? Mine just has the 7" Uconnect, which I've learned it quite lackluster. It's functional and looks way better than the 4" it replaced, just not much to do with it I'm finding vs the bigger 8.4" which I may be tempted to put in if I can free up $1500, ha ha! After a month I still haven't got use to where things like the clock, outside temp, and ac temp are yet, ha ha! You've found a good place to ask questions, plenty of helpful people have already answered my numerous questions on here so far, ha.

Sounds like the + may have been the way to go too! Katzkin and radio......... you got you could have had a +. Aren't you leasing that??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome from the Bay Area from a fellow T/A owner, Nice T/A!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sounds like the + may have been the way to go too! Katzkin and radio......... you got you could have had a +. Aren't you leasing that??
Yeah but I wouldn't have been able to afford one as I had negative equity on the car I had before. Been watching the lease rates from about Aug 2017 to Jan 2018 and the RT Plus consistently had higher MF (but like 1% more residual) than base RT. When I started researching these I was surprised the MF and Residual actually change for each specific model they have on the "build & price" page on dodge.com. So like an RT has different MF & residual than RT Plus, and RT Shaker is different from those two, and RT Plus Shaker is also different numbers and so on. When I got mine the base RT money factor was crazy low at .00011 which is .26% APR! Where as the Scat Packs almost consistently have "standard MF" which is about 4-5% APR, so they know that's the sweet spot people want and rarely budge on the interest.

I'd have to go back and look at my notes from when I got this car but the reality was SXT Plus was what I could afford but I stumbled across this RT that I could actually make it happen on, as it had next to no options and was a manual. I got a pretty good deal on it too, with the Katzkin interior included I got it for less than a base SXT Plus. So I sacrificed tech features for a Hemi this time! And coming from an I-4 145hp Hyundai Elantra (cause I use to have a 100 mile a day commute) I was DYING for a fun sporty car again! Drove an SXT Plus, and it drove much better than I thought it would have, but I really wanted that V8 and really wanted a blue. And 2018 apparently was the year for me! Cause Indigo Blue is my kind of blue (literally have had like 4 other cars in similar shade of blue) vs B5 (not that B5 is bad, just not for me). AND the new Performance Handling Group package for 2018 was perfect for me, as those wheels that were only on Scat Packs before are my favorite OEM challengers wheels, and it adds all the stock performance options (what I was wanting more than tech features) from the Scat Pack as well! Long story short (too late) the stars aligned and I got the perfect car for me right now! :)

Once the lease is up and that negative equity is gone, I probably will go for at least an RT Plus, if not maybe squeeze a base Scat Pack....but we'll see, I'll enjoy what I have for now.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm also in AZ(NW Peoria). Congrats on the new T/A. Lots of car clubs and weekend shows/get-togethers in the Phoenix metro area this time of year.

·
Registered
Boosted Stroked 2014 Shaker M6
2,479 Posts
Howdy! :thup:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Welcome from MI! Bet your like a kid in a candy store right now!! Congrats on the new ride.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts