Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone: Just wanted to say 'hey'. Glad to be here. We just purchased on June first, a new 2019 R/T with Scat pack & 'Shaker'. My 'wifee' and I just love the Challenger !
We didn't even know it ! We bought Maximun steele color, because it looks so nice in the sun.

Long story short, was on vacay last month on the gulf coast and was going to rent a car for a few days. It was to be a boring car, but my niece walked to the window and just outside the car rental agency, parked at the side of the building, all by itself, was a washed and so very shiny in the sun, RT with the word 'Hemi' on the side. My niece asked me what is that car ? She is 11.
I asked the car rental guy if we could upgrade. He said sure. The rest is history. It was awesome ! It was a 2019 model, 8500 miles but not very many options. With 'carplay' you have everything. It had sirius.
My wife & niece loved that Challenger ! We had a blast on I-10, you know its either 'nothing or ninety' on that road! 90 was super easy, LOL

Bonus: it had Texas tags on it. Its interesting how just plain white plates, with black letters that say 'Texas' & 'The Lone Star state' looked so good on that car ! It ran so nice. We hated turning it back in after four days.

We get back home to Virginia a week later, can't get that R/T out of our mind. It really left an impression.
After six days of looking. We found a Maximum steel, RT with a scat pack. Same color. One catch. Its close to 500 miles away ! I almost go rent a car hauler trailer to go get it.
Instead we rented a car, one way to Philadelphia, Chevy Impala. We didn't get the same feeling we did with it, like we did with the R/T on the gulf Coast! We didn't get to urge to buy a Impala. LOL

We feel so lucky to have found this Challenger. Only difference from the one we rented is the 'Bee' on the side, ( and the Shaker). Oh this one came with the 'yellow caps' on the front corners ! :smile:
( I saw the thread discussion about those) They asked us at the dealer if we wanted them on or not. We left them on, drove it back to Virginia from NJ with them on, LOL they're pretty cool.
Dealer says once the yellow protectors come off, they don't go back on. The plastic gets deformed and won't snap back on.

Yeah, we live in Southwest Virginia and had to go to New Jersey to find the car we exactly wanted. It was tough staying below 60 & 65 mph and vary-ing the speed. We stopped often to let it 'rest'.
Even the crazy with the roush mustang, annoying us on I-81 near Martinsburg WVA, was kinda funny. He finally left us and went on. We were lucky and it never rained on us.

The Challenger is such a nice car, it sounds so good ! 7.2 miles on it when we left NJ, it has 465 on it now. Did I tell you we really like that car ! Its in the storage unit under a cover, with the Airstream. The Dodge Ram CTD got bumped out of storage. We're going to have to figure something out.
From Brampton Ontario, to SWVA, via NJ, dealer was across the river from 'Philly'. Pretty wild.

I have a ton of questions. I wish it had a printed owners manual, that's kinda wonkee, but Jeep does the same thing.
Anyhow, that's how we became Challenger owners, and its a blast so far. Thanks for letting us join.

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Welcome from California ;) I can't tell...do you like it? :D

A Guy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome from KY.

If you call Dodge Customer Care, and since you’re the original, first time purchaser of the car, you can request (at no charge) all of the owner’s manuals for your car.

800-399-2668

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
picking up

Welcome from NC! Please post a pic when you can! Congrats!
June 1st, Burlington, NJ, on the lot. They were real good to us with the purchase. I think some of the other dealers didn't believe that we would drive somewhere to pick up the car.
Well, if its 'the ' car. Heck yeah we'll be there. Overnight, on the lot at 9am when they opened.

Drives perfect, good solid feel to it. The tires were balanced perfect, no bounce. Aligned just right, gentle drift to the right. The Goodyears were even quiet !
I think 'she' was built on a good day0:).

They must have had 'free' pizza for lunch, good long breaks, supervisor was nice that day. Maybe no one on the assembly line broke up with their girlfriend the night before. The Challenger seems to be solid. No rattles, shakes, whistles. No quirks in Uconnect. Very nice. I hope the guys in Brampton read these message boards.

I tell you, though, it matters. Three years ago, the guy putting in windshields on Jeep wranglers, in Toledo one day in April of that year, had a bad night before. He forgot to seal the whole windshield in the frame of our Rubicon! Damn thing near come out on the way home from the dealer. Wife was driving it and said, I hear wind. I said on the radio back to her, of course you do, its a Jeep. She said yeah, but not like this LOL .

here's the challenger.:smile:
Good car, but it might need a slightly wider wheel on the rear. we'll see.
have a good one !

Attachments

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Welcome from NEVA (Manassas area)!

Thanks for sharing your story! If you have a lot of questions, you came to the right place; a lot of us here have learned what you want to know simply by reading/searching through this forum then asking questions on those items we couldn't find, or didn't understand.

I may get a bit snarky at times, but I love to help folks that share the same fascination with cars as I have.

Good luck, and don't be stranger!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Thanks for the pic! You can take the yellow protectors off the chin spoiler if you want too lol...there is a whole other thread on that subject lol. Again, welcome to the forum!

·
Administrator
17,002 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey! I grew up in Burlington.Moved away a few miles when I got older,had to leave the "city". Lol. Nothing wrong with traveling to get "the" car. You sure do have a beauty. (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
10 Participants
vpzyck
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing